Full-Time Data Scientist
RRS is a mission orientated company dedicated to community-centered sustainability, materials management, and climate solutions since incorporating in 1986. In that time, we have grown to nearly 50 employees in four countries and have conducted over 1,000 projects around the globe. RRS is composed of strategists, planners, engineers, economists, technical analysts, businesspeople, and communications specialists. Our experts operate confidently across the materials management supply chain, identifying the best opportunities to effect change, and developing pathways to long-term value.
RRS has grown with the industry, developed new solutions for waste and recycling operations and paved the way for clients, both public and private, to develop waste diversion and recycling operations that are aligned with client context and grounded in technology, proven metrics, and decades of experience. Our breadth of experience includes stakeholder engagement, policy analysis, program planning, and project execution in a host of different waste minimization areas, such as assessments, facility audits, system design and optimization, high-diversion program implementation, communications/outreach, financial and data analysis modeling, extended producer responsibility, and circular economy practices.
Our company is scaling for growth. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient and productive as a brick-and-mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved.
RRS will hire a Data Scientist to collaborate with consultants and engineers to set up and manage complex databases for package and product end-of-life management, life cycle analysis projects, and sustainability projects.
- Work with technical director to set up structure and program databases;
- Manage upkeep of data in company databases;
- Assist with client projects while providing innovative and environmentally responsible solutions;
- Perform package and product end-of-life management analysis, assessment and management;
- Utilize simple and sophisticated analytical tools including database programs, specialty statistical software, spreadsheets and data input tools;
- Develop original analytical tools and data presentations;
- Derive sophisticated and accurate conclusions for the patterns of data within the organization,
- Provide definitive QA/QC for analytic techniques and outcomes,
- Formulate coherent conclusions and communicate these conclusions through media that include oral presentation/discussion written memo/reports and PowerPoint presentations;
- Innovate and implement improved procedures for data entry, management, QA/QC, and analysis across company and projects.
- Proven experience analyzing, summarizing, and maintaining large datasets;
- Proven experience performing data modeling using a spectrum of sophisticated analytical tools.
- Proficiency in FileMaker, SQL, or equivalent database software;
- Demonstrated experience with automating data transformation processes using SQL, Python or equivalent system:
- Proficiency using exploratory data analysis and data visualization tools such as Python, Pandas, Power BI, Tableau or equivalent systems;
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Creative problem analysis abilities to solve client multi-dimensional problems and projects;
- Proven experience working on multiple projects and client tasks;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Four-year degree in data science, statistics, economics, natural resources, environmental sciences, engineering, business administration or related field.
- At least 5 years of previous data science experience including data analysis, data cleansing, and data visualization required.
- Previous work experience in an environmentally related field is preferred, but not required.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and list of references. Cover letters should address the candidate’s professional goals and interests, ability to meet key and minimal qualifications (as described above) as well as their experience and interest in this position. Please submit all materials to Elizabeth Hughes Bowden at RRS:
- RRS, Attn: Elizabeth Hughes, Team Resources Director, 416 Longshore Drive, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405