Full-Time Data Analytics Manager
Data & Analytics Manager
Position: Data & Analytics Manager, CAC/PP
Reports to: Director of Data & Analytics, CAC
Classification: Full-time Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Date: February 2020
Environmental organization seeks data associate to help build long-term advocacy capacity by executing data-intensive programs and creating and leveraging analytical insights. It’s a chance to learn, grow and do good work on important issues with key organizations and work in an environment that blends the best parts of campaigns and advocacy atmospheres.
The work encompasses a wide range of responsibilities and professional opportunities – from helping to shape our internal goals through targeting, polling, and testing, to analyzing programs and creating reports, to managing projects and relationships with allied organizations. This position also supports the industry-leading phones program and looks to constantly improve it. A successful candidate will have a background in data management, coalition collaboration, along with the desire for professional growth.
This position reports directly to the Director of Data & Analytics and works closely with other campaign departments.
- Provide data support in a timely manner and collaborate with numerous departments which range from grassroots mobilization efforts to digital organizing tactics
- Leverage data resources and tools to improve program performance among members, action takers, and the general public
- Manage external relationships with data, technology, and call vendors, and serve as liaison to other organizations within the broader environmental coalition
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of identifying new programs and universes for ongoing civic engagement efforts and experiments
- Produce compelling and informative reports and visualizations for both data and non-data staff on past, present, and future organization programs
- Assist with the development, maintenance, and enhancement of internal data systems and reporting framework
- Direct and execute the numerous, and often concurrent, phone programs run by the Climate Action Campaign into the offices of legislators
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree/equivalent experience
- At least 2 years of experience managing and manipulating voter file data (NGP VAN, Catalist, TargetSmart, etc.) and application of models for advocacy, membership and/or political campaign organizations
- Ability to efficiently manage and prioritize multiple ongoing projects under short timelines
- Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and ability to think a few steps ahead and deliver products in a timely manner
- Strong analytical skills and enjoy quantitative problem solving
- Responsible, organized, able to take direction, and willing to work independently when needed
- Strong customer service and written and verbal communication skills, including translating complex data subjects into concise summaries, recommendations, and plans for non-technical staff
- Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully with data and program staff internally as well as with partner organizations and external vendors
- Familiarity with Excel/Google Sheets, including experience working with advanced formulas
- Understanding of relational databases and ability to code in SQL
- Familiarity with any of the following a plus: Python, R, QGIS, or other mapping software
- Previous experience creating data visualizations (Tableau, Periscope, etc) is desired
- Willingness and commitment to learning new technical skills
Salary & Application Process
Salary range is $60,000 – $70,000, commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and 401k plan.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyLink to apply: https://climate-campaign.quickbase.com/db/bhtewnjrr?a=nwr
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405