Full-Time Data & Analytics Associate
Location: Remote (US) Washington DC, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NV, NY OR, PA, TN, TX and VA.
Reports To: Director of Evaluation
Direct Reports: This position does not manage other positions
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore, is dedicated to leading a global movement demanding immediate action on the climate crisis by using cutting-edge communications and grassroots strategies to educate the public about the urgency and solvability of the climate crisis and to activate the public to support actions that address the climate crisis.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency.
Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: Washington DC, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, LA, MA, MD, ME, NC, NV, NY, OR, PA, TN, TX and VA. Relocation to the DC office may be required. Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
The Data and Analytics Associate is responsible for analyzing volunteer data to inform programmatic decision making, taking on a suite of short-term duties that bear significant potential for long-term growth. This will include managing the integration and analysis of constituent behavior data, including voter registration and GOTV data, as well as in-depth analysis on data from a global network of volunteers. This position reports directly to the Director of Evaluation and works closely with Programs, Communications, Digital, and Partnerships teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Director of Evaluation and with other departments to design and conduct impactful analysis projects on both one-time and ongoing basis.
- Produce meaningful data analyses and visualizations that demonstrate analytical results for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to improve, inform, and implement data-driven decision making across the organization.
- Conduct research and create memos and reports, using both internal and external data sources.
- Identify opportunities for useful data segmentation, including geographical analysis.
- Assist with development, maintenance, and enhancement of the organization’s data infrastructure and reporting.
- Data administration and management as needed, including performing clean imports, exports, merges, and other data management tasks.
- Implement and comply with organizational data policies and procedures, suggesting updates as necessary to align with industry best practices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is full-time, non-exempt, with an annual salary of $70k.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferred.
- Fluency in R required, with proficiency in a variety of statistical methods.
- Experience managing and manipulating voter file data and working in advocacy environment preferred.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully with a variety of roles.
- Ability to work under short deadlines and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
Excellent benefits, including employer paid 100% employee medical, life, dental, vision. 401K, Paid Parental Leave and other fringe benefits such as wellness days, vacation and sick time are all included.