Full-Time Curriculum Development Manager
Green Our Planet seeks a Curriculum Development Manager (CDM) to oversee the updating of existing and development of new curriculum. This is a full time position.
Reporting to the Curriculum and Professional Development Manager (C&PDM), the CDM leads all day-to-day curriculum writing, editing and proofreading. Responsibilities also include developing curriculum that can be turned into video or eLearning lessons. They will have operational responsibility for Green Our Planet cadres and will manage a group of experts/curriculum writers. They will provide leadership to ensure projects are completed on time.
What You Will Do
- Work in a highly collaborative environment to design, create, test and redesign curriculum that will reach tens of thousands of teachers and students around the country.
- Create learning activities and course content to enhance knowledge retention and engagement in the areas but not limited to STEM, nutrition, conservation, social and emotional learning lessons.
- Deliver presentations to academic classes and student groups in person and via video conference platforms.
- Hire and manage cadres of teachers to help write the curricula.
- Work with cadres of teachers to test curricula to get feedback and iterate curricula.
What You Will Bring
- You will be inspired by our mission and purpose. Experiential education, project-based learning, and working in a professional and collaborative environment motivate you.
- You have experience creating a culturally responsive curriculum that meets the needs of diverse student populations.
- You’re experienced, creative, and innovative. You have experience in writing training or development materials, and the opportunity to create unique and inventive curriculum excites you.
- You excel at communication and collaboration. You have confidence contributing to a creative vision and proven ability to work with others to realize that vision.
- You thrive in a dynamic environment, managing multiple projects, and stay up to date with the technological requirements of online learning.
- You’re an experienced educator, have a robust understanding, and are committed to educators’ needs, classroom dynamics, and development of K-12 students.
- You have experience working with students from a range of ethnic and linguistic backgrounds
- You have proficiency with MS Office Suite and other common platforms (web browsers, Canvas, Trello, etc.).
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual with a passion for STEM curriculum writing and who is interested in outdoor gardens and hydroponic systems.
Specific requirements include:
- BA or masters degree in education, science, or a related field OR equivalent experience in curriculum writing
- Strong Writing Skills: 5 years of experience in STEM writing curriculum and experience in writing cross-curricular lessons for grades PreK-12
- Strong knowledge of: Next Generation Science Standards, Common Core State Standards, National Health Education Standards, and the ISTE Standards (National Educational Technology Standards)
- Social Justice & Racial Equity Lens: Able to write curriculum that resonates with students from all backgrounds
- Project Management Skills: Able to manage a cadre of experts and complete projects on time and to deadlines
- Dynamic Work Environments: Ability to work alone or in groups
- Adaptable: Able to take on new projects as funding provides
- Donor Relations/Presentation Skills: Able to build relationships and give progress report and final presentations to donor and/or sponsors
- Research Skills: Be able to research new topics and maintain academic credibility
- Results-orientation: Have a track record of achievement and a bias for producing results (rather than getting immersed in process), perseveres despite obstacles
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and balance day-to-day tasks with strategic, long-term goals and timelines.
- Passionate about Green Our Planet’s mission and be able to promote and communicate the philosophy, mission, and values of Green Our Planet.
Salary – $55,000 plus bonus
Green Our Planet offers a competitive benefits package including:
- 401(k) plan
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance
- 17 days Paid time off
- 6 paid holidays + Christmas and Thanksgiving week
- Professional development assistance
- 6-weeks of paid parental leave
How to Apply
- To Apply: Email your writing sample, cover letter and resume (as one combined PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please format the subject line of your email as follows: Your Last Name, Position Title. No phone calls please.
- Green Our Planet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality or disability. We are committed to building a staff that reflects the diverse students and communities we serve.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405