Full-Time Contracts Coordinator – Energy Savings Performance Contracts
Contracts Coordinator – Energy Savings Performance Contracts
Salary: $55,099.20 – $80,121.60 Annually
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Job Type: Full-Time Regular
Division: PUBLIC WORKS
Job Number: FY1920-00109
Closing: 9/29/2019 11:59 PM Arizona
The Contracts Coordinator administers, coordinates, and maintains multiple service, commodity and performance contracts for a variety of different City departments and/or divisions.
Public Works Assignment: Oversees Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC), various public facilities infrastructure improvement projects and new Capital Improvement Projects, and annual contracts.
Selection Process: Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in the selection process, to include a panel interview and skills assessment.
- Drug Screen
- 39 Month Motor Vehicle Records Check
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent.
Public Works Assignment:
- Minimum of four years of experience directly relating to management and/or maintenance, project or energy management or contracts coordination of public facilities.
Licensing, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted Arizona driver’s license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on department/section assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Creates and evaluates Requests for Proposals and Invitations for Bids.
- Analyzes and reviews design plans, reports and blueprints.
- Determines conformance to local, State and Federal rules and regulations, including OSHA standards.
- Conducts pre-bid, pre-construction, and other meetings throughout the contract process.
Public Works Assignment:
- Creates scopes of work for Energy Savings Performance Contracts (ESPC), Architectural and Engineering services contracts and other facilities improvement contracts.
- Administers the selection process for contract Energy Services Company (ESCO), engineers and architects; manages all other processes throughout the duration of each contract.
- Monitors the results of energy conservation measures, analyzes data collected and writes reports presenting conclusions.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Inspect construction sites to evaluate work as it progresses.
- Lift and transport materials including concrete and asphalt specimens, barricades, maps, blueprints and bid packages weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Lift, carry ladders and climb ladders to access roof and other elevated areas; bend and stretch in order to access various areas of city buildings and sites.
- At critical junctures, works outside the boundaries of the normally scheduled work hours/days of the week to ensure proper management of ongoing projects.
- Muscular exertion and lifting.
- Exposure to dust, grease, noise, cramped areas, inclement weather, temperature extremes and unpleasant but not hazardous odors.
- Some work is performed in a normal City office environment.
- Operate standard office equipment including a computer, commercial plotter, telephone, copy and fax machines requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
To view the entire job description click here.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an “otherwise qualified applicant” with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Agency: City of Scottsdale
Address: 9191 E. San Salvador Dr.
Scottsdale, Arizona, 85258
Phone: (480) 312-2491