Temporary Contract Communications Toolkit Development
Request for Proposals: Communications Toolkit Development for the Oregon Marine Reserves Partnership
December 15, 2021
The Oregon Marine Reserves Partnership (OMRP) is seeking proposals to finalize a communications toolkit and media collateral that will support legislative and community engagement in a campaign to ensure a successful Oregon Marine Reserve Program. The OMRP is made up of statewide conservation organizations, including Portland Audubon, Surfrider Foundation, The Nature Conservancy, Coast Range Association, Oceana, and Oregon Shores Conservation Coalition. The contractor will interface directly with the OMRP Communications Working Group.
A system of Marine Reserves and Marine Protected Areas extends along the Oregon Coast. Formed after many years of public process, public support, and compromises, the five Marine Reserves and Marine Protected Areas were approved by the legislature and assigned to the Oregon Department for Fish and Wildlife (ODFW) for management in 2012. They comprise a system of sites that are off-limits to fishing and extractive activities and are intended to provide an intact ecological setting for the preservation and restoration of marine species. Specifically, the goals of the Marine Reserves and Marine Protected Areas are to conserve marine habitats and biodiversity and support increased nearshore research, while avoiding significant impacts to coastal communities and ocean users.
It is vital that coastal communities and Oregonians across the state understand the purpose and benefits of Marine Reserves and Marine Protected Areas in order to build broad public awareness for the Oregon Marine Reserve Program. The Oregon Marine Reserves Partnership (OMRP) provides a platform for collaborative coastal conservation to support these outcomes.
About this RFP
This RFP is being openly distributed. Please submit your proposal by 5pm on Tuesday January 24th to Andrew Collins-Anderson (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email if you have any questions.
We specifically seek the following deliverables:
- Working with the OMRP Communications Team review, revise and finalize OMRP Communications Toolkit (draft already completed):
- Utilizing completed communications strategy, design two informational one-pagers. One for coastal audiences and one for Willamette Valley audiences.
- Assist in designing graphic elements for a new OMRP webpage.
- Design Oregon Marine Reserve Fact Sheet, Talking Points Sheet and Frequently Asked Questions Sheet focused on a legislative audience.
- Develop OMRP social media calendar, graphics and content for the year starting in February 2022 through January 2023.
Project Completion Date
Due to granting timeline, work must be completed by Friday, April 14, 2022
Information Required in Written Proposal
- An introduction to you or your firm, including short bios of key contributors.
- An outline of the process you’d use to develop the toolkit materials.
- A short description of deliverables that you would create to achieve the campaign goals.
- Short portfolio of past work
- A price bid for each part of the project.
- A proposed timeline for completion of project deliverables
- A reference list.
- Extensive communications experience with social media platforms, developing communications toolkits, etc.
- Familiarity with graphic design tools (e.g. InDesign, Canva, etc.)
- Familiarity with Oregon ocean conservation issues
- Experience creating communications materials focused on Oregon stakeholders
How to ApplyThis RFP is being openly distributed. Please submit your proposal by 5pm on Tuesday January 24th to Andrew Collins-Anderson (email@example.com). Email if you have any questions.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405