Full-Time Consultant / Project Manager
Job Posting – Consultant
The Center for Transportation and the Environment (CTE) is a member-supported 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that develops, promotes, and implements advanced transportation technologies, vehicles, and fuels that reduce environmental pollution and fossil fuel dependency. CTE is a passionate, progressive workplace open to employee-driven ideas and opportunities. CTE is based in Atlanta, Georgia with offices in St. Paul, Berkeley, and Los Angeles.
This job opportunity is located in the St. Paul office.
CTE’s mission is to improve the health of our climate and communities by bringing people together to develop and commercialize clean, efficient, and sustainable transportation technologies. Since 1993, CTE has managed a portfolio of over $600 million in team research, development, and demonstration projects. We’ve helped over 200 US companies move their technologies into the global energy and transportation mainstream. Currently, CTE is heavily involved in the deployment of electric vehicles across the U.S. CTE works closely with vehicle manufacturers, component providers, and fleet operators, including transit agencies and logistics organizations across the country. To learn more about CTE, please visit www.cte.tv.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
CTE is committed to championing inclusivity, diversity, and equity through our pursuit of a zero-emission future. We are motivated by our mission to improve the health of our climate for all people. Our staff seek to create a community where your identity is not only embraced, but celebrated. Whatever your race, ethnicity, sexuality, gender, religion, or socioeconomic status may be, we welcome and encourage all individuals to join us in transforming transportation.
CTE is seeking a Consultant / Project Manager to directly support the organization and management of medium and heavy-duty electric vehicle projects. CTE’s battery electric and fuel cell vehicle projects involve project management and technical consulting during proposal development, procurement, planning, construction, and vehicle design and manufacturing oversight tasks, as well as monitoring and reporting on project performance. Prior experience with zero-emission vehicles is not needed, but attention to detail and the ability to support multiple projects simultaneously are key.
[CTE staff will continue to primarily work from home with little to no travel during the pandemic.]
- Support a variety of projects as part of a consulting team.
- Manage and lead effective teams of CTE staff, subcontractors, and stakeholders to ensure project success.
- Manage project budgets and schedules.
- Develop and maintain organizational tools for tracking project timelines, budgets, issues, and key milestones.
- Take initiative and responsibility for activities and staff on multiple projects.
- Develop working relationships with remote clients, partners, and stakeholders.
- Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills with customers.
- Assist in vehicle performance and route modeling, utility rate modeling, electric vehicle feasibility planning, and key performance indicator (KPI) reporting through the collection and analysis of project data. Must be comfortable working with numbers and data analysis.
- Develop progress reports that comply with federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
- Lead business development and proposal writing activities.
- Quickly learn about new technologies and their applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Project, and PowerPoint.
- Willing to travel 3-5 days per month. Some months will be more. (not required during pandemic)
- Familiarity or experience with engineering and/or vehicle mechanics is a plus, but not a requirement for this position.
- Familiarity or experience with electric utility and infrastructure projects is a plus, but not a requirement for this position.
Education: Four-year degree required. Master’s degree is a bonus.
Experience: Several years of work experience demonstrating initiative and the ability to get things done.
CTE is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identification, gender expression, marital status, HIV status, disability, or any other status protected by laws or regulations. All employment decisions are based on business need, qualifications, and merit.
How to ApplyPlease submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for this posting is currently scheduled for Friday, August 21, 2020.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405