Part-Time Conservation Property Manager
Title: Conservation Property Manager
Salary equivalent $22 – $35/hour, depending on experience.
Full-time or part-time
BA or above preferred
2 or more years management experience preferred
Overview of Position
The Conservation Property Manager at Andorra Forest oversees and coordinates all maintenance of buildings, roads, trails, and activities on the property. The position reports to the managing partner, one of several family members who serve as general partners. Responsibilities are listed below, though some tasks could be subcontracted, depending on the skill set and interests of the successful applicant.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and maintain conservation operation on over 5,000 acres including maintenance of roads and trails, vehicles and equipment, “pick your own” wild blueberry operation, property boundaries and public use, digital map database. Assist consulting forester with forestry operations.
- Oversee and conduct maintenance of several houses plus outbuildings including lawns, snow plowing, carpentry, plumbing, electricity, heating, firewood, cleaning and security. Make recommendations and coordinate major upkeep and repairs.
- Respond to occasional urgent problems such as power failures or storm damage.
- Maintain financial records, seek permits and produce grant reports as needed, provide regular written accounts of operations for family members, and report in person during family meetings between 2 and 4 times per year.
- Bring creative ideas to foster sustainable operations with a long-term perspective.
- Liaise with government, conservation organizations, grantors, neighbors and members of the public who hike, fish or hunt on the property. This may entail attending meetings, making presentations, and maintaining positive working relationships with relevant groups and individuals.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in natural resource or related field preferred.
Experience: The successful candidate will have direct experience with conservation land management and a collaborative approach to leadership. A minimum of two years of relevant management or small business experience preferred. Practical experience with operation and maintenance of buildings and equipment preferred.
- Attention to detail and ability to plan, implement, monitor and readjust activities to current contexts and understandings
- Ability to listen and collaborate effectively with family members, town boards and committees, and a wide variety of other groups and individuals
- Ability to work independently
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work on a flexible schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with relevant computer applications and office systems, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, QuickBooks and GIS software
Wages & Benefits
The Conservation Property Manager position is a half- to full-time (18-40 hours/week) position depending on qualifications and is negotiable. The salary/wages will reflect an hourly wage between $22.00 and $35.00/hour depending on qualifications and experience. Benefits package to be negotiated.
Description of Andorra Forest
Andorra Forest is located in the rural town of Stoddard, New Hampshire. The property is managed for wild blueberry fields, recreation, timber, wildlife habitat, and wilderness preservation. A conservation easement protects the land from development. The property, visited regularly by family members, includes several houses, pastures, watersheds, ponds, and a farm, leased to a farmer. Most of the trails, roads and land are open to the public for non-motorized recreation, science education and research. The small cities of Keene and Peterborough, with restaurants, hospitals, shopping and other amenities, are less than 30 minutes away by car. Keene State College and Antioch University New England are both located in Keene.
How to ApplyTo apply, send a letter of interest and resume along with three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 1, 2021.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405