Full-Time Conservation Associate
The Nature Conservancy is the leading conservation organization working to make a positive impact around the world in 79 countries and territories, all 50 United States, and your backyard. Founded in 1951, our mission is to conserve the lands and waters on which all life depends. One of our core values is our commitment to a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Visit www.nature.org/aboutus to learn more.
The Maryland/D.C. Chapter’s work is focused on conserving lands and waters and fighting climate change. Our efforts span the region, from western Maryland’s Central Appalachian forests to our nation’s capital and beyond to the Chesapeake Bay. Land protection work focuses on lands that can make the greatest contribution to climate resilience around the state. The chapter manages a portfolio of 29 preserves, encompassing nearly 30,000 acres, ensuring their ecological integrity and resilience in the face of an uncertain climate future as well as their ability to educate and inspire preserve visitors and conservation partners. Science is at the core of everything we do — we constantly learn and adapt to yield the greatest conservation returns.
As a member of our Lands team, the Conservation Associate will serve as an essential resource to our land protection and management staff. Typical activities include developing project packages and databases, responding to landowners interested in protecting their land, answering questions from the public about our preserves, and making maps. There are opportunities to join conservation staff in the field, attend professional meetings, and network with colleagues around the country. The Conservation Associate will receive training, professional development, and mentoring tailored to their needs and interests. This permanent position is based in Easton, MD and includes benefits.
The ideal candidate for the Conservation Associate has a passion for nature, for conservation, and enjoys being a resource for our professional staff around the state. The Conservation Associate will maintain centralized, shared information resources used by the team. They will work behind the scenes to develop and maintain an information infrastructure that ensures that our land protection and management staff work at top efficiency to conserve Maryland’s precious natural areas for generations to come.
Minimum qualifications for this position are:
- BA/BS or Associates degree in related field and 2 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working and communicating with a wide range of people.
- Experience managing, maintaining, and populating databases and manual files.
- Experience with producing maps and/or other graphic products and reports.
- Experience analyzing, building, populating, and producing reports from databases.
- Experience using MS office software including Word, Excel, and Access.
How to Apply
- If you are interested in working to save the planet, want to work in a collaborative environment, and like a great benefits package, please submit your cover letter and resume for position number 51195 by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time by May 9, 2022. Please see the full position description and apply at www.nature.org/careers (you can also click here to view the announcement)
- The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the leadership and contributions of people of all genders with diverse backgrounds, beliefs and cultures. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races, colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages, disability status, sexual orientations, gender identities, military or veteran status or other status protected by law.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405