Internship Confluence AmeriCorps Member
Interested in equity, diversity, and inclusion? Looking for direct experience with environmental organizations in Portland, OR? Confluence Environmental Center advances environmental and social justice through innovative partnerships, while promoting individual leadership.
CONFLUENCE ENVIRONMENTAL CENTER, AMERICORPS PROGRAM
The Confluence AmeriCorps Program advances environmental equity through innovative partnerships with local organizations in the Portland metropolitan area. We offer life changing service opportunities that engage Members at the intersection of environmentalism and social justice while promoting individual leadership and development. This position is a dynamic combination of serving with a Project Partner on a dedicated project (80%) and engaging in professional and leadership development opportunities, alongside a 22 Member cohort (20%). www.confluencecenter.org
Dates of Service
September 11, 2019 – July 31, 2020 (11 months – 1700 hours)
- Experience, interest, and a sense of curiosity regarding equity, diversity, and/or inclusion.
- Desire to promote environmental stewardship to underserved communities.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Willingness/openness to learn about and discuss racial equity and social justice issues.
- Ability to serve as part of a diverse team.
- Regular and reliable attendance and dependability.
- AmeriCorps Members must be: 18 years of age or older; S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident; able to commit to the full term of service; able to successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check.
Member Benefits Include
- $13,992 living allowance paid over the 11-month term of service (approx. $1,272 monthly, before taxes).
- $6,095 education award (qualified student loans and/or education expenses)
- Loan Forbearance
- Health Care Insurance
- Child Care Reimbursement
- $100 Training Fund
- Professional Leadership Certificate, Trainings and Networking opportunities.
- May be eligible for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP).