Full-Time Conference and Marketing Manager
Conference and Marketing Manager
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment seeks a Conference and Marketing Manager who is interested in sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility. The primary responsibilities are to manage and market the US SIF Annual Conference, other US SIF events and programs to enhance the visibility of US SIF and advance the field of sustainable, responsible and impact investing. The position will also be responsible for producing and executing marketing plans for major initiatives including our biennial report on US Sustainable, Responsible and Impact Investing Trends and our course on the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment. This full-time position is based in Washington, DC and offers many opportunities for creativity and professional growth.
The Conference and Marketing Manager interacts closely with the US SIF membership and colleague organizations. She or he will work closely with other members of the US SIF staff and outside consultants (including a consultant who manages the hotel, food and AV aspects of the conference).
Reports to: This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Specific duties include, though are not limited to, the following:
Management and Marketing of US SIF Annual Conference
- Coordinate with staff to develop, monitor and manage timelines and deadlines related to all aspects of the Annual Conference.
- Create and send via MailChimp or comparable program, event marketing communications to promote and publicize registration, sponsorship and overall visibility for the conference.
- Oversee registration tasks, including creation and management of an online registration platform, such as CVENT, addressing questions from registrants and prospective registrants, on-site registration.
- Manage conference sponsorships and related communications, including maintaining sponsor contact lists, identifying and recruiting potential sponsors, coordinating delivery of sponsor benefits and responding to inquiries.
- Develop approach for registration and sponsorship to meet revenue projections.
- Lead creation of conference materials including conference signs and logos, mobile app, badges.
- Collaborate with finance team to ensure payment of registrations and invoices.
- Develop and disseminate post–conference evaluations and report on outcomes.
- Work closely with US SIF conference consultant and US SIF staff conference team to plan, market, manage and implement all logistical aspects of the Annual Conference including facility identification and confirmation, rooming lists, staging, menus, audio visual and IT requirements, supplies, exhibit space.
Management and Marketing of Other Events and Programs
- Work with relevant staff on planning and marketing other events and programs including our in-person presentations of the Fundamentals of Sustainable and Impact Investment, research launch events, and receptions and other programs.
- Create marketing materials for US SIF events using desktop publishing programs.
- Identify opportunities and methods to market US SIF to our members and the broader sustainable investing community.
- Prepare Board memos related to responsibilities and participate in Board meetings as appropriate.
- Work on-site at Annual Conference and other events.
- Contribute to updating and maintaining designated pages of US SIF website.
- Keep abreast of trends and best practices regarding conference and event marketing, attendee and sponsor retention, and on-site event logistics.
- Other program related support duties as assigned.
A competitive candidate will have the following background, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- 5 + years of work experience, with at least 3 years of experience planning and managing conferences with 300 or more attendees from conception to completion including management of sponsorship and reaching revenue goals.
- Knowledge and experience to think creatively and strategically to effectively market and promote the US SIF Annual Conference, our online and live course, research launches and other events.
- Experience with online conference registration systems (Cvent is preferred) and with systems that link online registration & hotel reservation systems (e.g., Passkey) as well as proficiency in MS Office programs.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to organize and track multiple projects to meet overlapping deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to find imaginative and practical solutions and make well-considered decisions.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills to engage and communicate with multiple audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with collegial and positive attitude, sense of humor, aptitude for exceptional customer service, ability to build and maintain effective relationships, and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Able and willing to set and achieve high professional standards.
- Ability to work as part of team, also able and willing to work independently.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Prior work experience with a non-profit or membership association.
- Passion for sustainable, responsible and impact investing and/or corporate social responsibility.
- Experience with Mailchimp, InDesign, CEVNT or comparable programs.
- Generous paid vacation, plus two personal days.
- 401k plan with employer contributions.
- Employer-subsidized health and dental insurance.
- Metro Smart benefits, disability insurance and flexible spending account.
- Three-week sabbatical program after five years of employment.
Approximately 5-10% of time to plan, manage and implement domestic events.
Salary range is commensurate with experience and non-profit pay scales.
About US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment
US SIF: The Forum for Sustainable and Responsible Investment is the leading voice advancing sustainable, responsible and impact investing across all asset classes. Our mission is to rapidly shift investment practices toward sustainability, focusing on long-term investment and the generation of positive social and environmental impacts. US SIF members include investment management and advisory firms, mutual fund companies, asset owners, research firms, financial planners and advisors, broker-dealers, community investing organizations and nonprofit organizations.
US SIF is supported in its work by the US SIF Foundation, a 501(C)(3) organization that undertakes educational, research and programmatic activities to advance the mission of US SIF. Both organizations are located in Washington DC Learn more at www.ussif.org.
US SIF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.