Full-Time Community Manager
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time, salary exempt position to work with the Engagement Department.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states:
CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
General Overview: The Community Manager is responsible for managing an exclusive, proprietary, worldwide social networking platform called Reality Hub and utilizing its community by empowering a global network of trained Climate Reality Leader volunteers to engage in meaningful climate action.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Project managing the online community platform Reality Hub, including:
- Vendor management to ensure the platform run with little-to-no downtime
- Planning and building new functionality as needed with the developer, with insight from the Community Coordinator
- Using CSS and HTML to create new features that improve the visual appeal and functionality of Reality Hub
- Database administration using best practices to ensure data integrity inside Reality Hub and in a Salesforce contact database, to include but not be limited to:
- Using Excel and Excel macros to extract, clean, and transfer volunteer-logged action data from Reality Hub to Salesforce
- Maintaining spreadsheets to track and execute volunteer engagement efforts and Acts of Leadership
- Before each Climate Reality Leader training event, creating new community groups and content in addition to processing new volunteer accounts in large batches
- Maintaining critical “action workflows” on the backend of the Reality Hub platform with the help of the developer
- Monitoring Salesforce for data discrepancies and, when necessary, performing data corrections and providing necessary parties with corrected records for updating in Salesforce
- Acting as the primary substantive liaison for Climate Reality Leaders through Reality Hub, to include but not be limited to:
- Representing Climate Reality by responding to questions in the community inbox, forums, and comment sections
- Overseeing communication and data processes related to Reality Hub, including community event postings, event requests, and volunteer recognition
- Identifying outstanding climate action being reported through Reality Hub for recognition
- Creating and implementing organizational policies and processes for Reality Hub.
- Responsibilities associated with leading the transition to a new community platform for Climate Reality Leaders, to include but not be limited to:
- Evaluating the current and future needs of Climate Reality Leaders and, in accordance with engagement and organizational strategies, selecting a platform that will facilitate Climate Reality Leader mobilization, communication, and growth
- Providing relationship management and leading communications between Climate Reality Project teams and account managers for the new iteration of Reality Hub
- In collaboration with Engagement Director, drafting a timeline and transition plan in accordance with engagement and organizational strategies
- In collaboration with members of the Engagement and Evaluation Teams, drafting a strategy for data identification, extraction, and processing, along with a process for renaming and reformatting Acts of Leadership
- Performing stocktaking to determine relevant resources for transfer from Reality Hub to the new iteration of Climate Reality’s community platform
- Restructuring groups within the new iteration of Reality Hub and performing data evaluations to segment Climate Reality Leaders into relevant groups
- Providing quality control for data and account transfers from Reality Hub to its new iteration
- Monitoring and evaluating the new iteration of Reality Hub to glean Climate Leader feedback and rectify bugs or inconsistencies
- Coordinating and creating content and updates for the platform’s blog and forums.
- Proactively updating Reality Hub’s resource library.
- Managing and updating a climate justice and environmental justice resource library
- Helping event attendees activate and troubleshoot their new Reality Hub accounts at Climate Reality Leadership Corps training events, supporting the promotion of the platform throughout the training events.
- Prior to virtual trainings, working with the Special Projects team to strategize ways in which Reality Hub can be used as a tool for networking, information dissemination, and resource provision for trainees before and during the training
- Drafting engagement strategies and timelines within trainee groups during virtual trainings
- Providing direction for and delegating responsibilities to the Community Coordinator
- Developing metrics and reporting structures on content engagement, resource use, and other metric parameters as they relate to the way Climate Reality Leaders are using Reality Hub for the Engagement department and larger organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communications skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, with experience managing, analyzing, and presenting data
- Ability to manage deadlines and multi-task
- Experience and awareness of cultural diversity, ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers
- Experience using Salesforce or another CRM preferred
- A dedication to solving the climate crisis
- Customer service experience a plus
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
DEADLINE: September 20, 2021
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
PREFERRED START DATE: ASAP
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Send a resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Job title and applicant name must be included in the subject line of email application to be considered.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405