Full-Time Community Manager
The Alliance Center envisions a sustainable and equitable future in which all communities thrive, democracy is strong, the economy works for everyone and the planet is healthy. To realize this vision, The Alliance Center demonstrates sustainability in action and mobilizes change agents to accelerate solutions. Visit (www.thealliancecenter.org) to learn more.
The Alliance Center has three main strategies to advance our mission and vision:
- Grow the capacity of change agents advancing critical sustainability solutions through the Nonprofit Center.
- Mobilize our network of change agents to combat climate change and accelerate the transformation to an equitable and regenerative society through the Regenerative Recovery Coalition.
- Pilot innovative solutions to sustainability and health challenges utilizing our building as a demonstration site through the Living Lab
Overview of the Position:
The Community Manager activates The Alliance Center’s sustainability change agent community to ensure the community is productive and connected and that our services and programming maximize our community’s impact on the world.
The Community Manager is also an integral part of identifying and onboarding new members as well as leveraging our various meeting spaces for the greater good. This position serves as the face of The Alliance Center to our community and is involved with the entire member experience – from identifying prospective members to leading potential member tours to onboarding to community programming.
This is a creative position that leverages formal events, informal connections, unique amenities and digital platforms and communications to engage and build a thriving community. Tactics and tools will vary, but the Community Manager is always accountable for the unique culture that attracts and retains sustainability change agents and makes The Alliance Center THE place where Colorado’s leading sustainability organizations work and critical sustainability issues are discussed.
Responsibilities and Activities:
- Plans and launches community initiatives to increase the capacity of change agents advancing critical sustainability solutions. Develops and manages programming direction, activities, evaluation and budget. Includes identifying, planning and launching programming that increases member skills, facilitates valuable member connections, and opens up new opportunities for both physical tenant and virtual members.
- Creates connections between members of different organizations. This might include targeted member introductions, recommending possible mentor matches, running networking events, and managing space communications within the space and through digital vehicles.
- Seeks out information about the business and personal objectives of tenant organizations and their individual members
- Foster a sense of inclusivity where fresh ideas are welcome.
- Oversees new member onboarding to ensure all members are welcomed to The Alliance Center such that they feel a part of the tenant community and are able to quickly and effectively utilize building amenities in their day to day work.
- Oversees member communications that facilitate member connections and amplifies our member’s work. Includes monthly newsletter, community listserv, social media channels, media profiles and other approaches as appropriate. Works closely with the communications team.
Tenant/Member Program Planning & Execution
- Builds a quarterly calendar of events as part of member programming that engage current members via education and appreciation events, prospective members to generate new leads, and the outside community to generate interest and potential meeting space users.
- Manages to the allotted budget.
- Presents our community professionally.
- Responsible for all event logistics, from speaker coordination to catering to clean up.
- Responsible for collecting participant feedback in a timely manner that can be used to evaluate and communicate value.
- Supports in setting and achieving membership and occupancy rate targets while focusing on the retention of the right organizations in the right arrangements. Advises on pricing, business model, amenities and marketing.
- Responds to inquiries, conducts space tours and sales calls, and oversees renewals.
- Assists the marketing team in developing The Alliance Center’s online presence and increasing The Alliance Center’s brand recognition as Colorado’s Hub of Sustainability by initiating and feeding social media conversations (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc).
- Accountable for growing Alliance Center membership. The Alliance Center’s new membership model is based heavily on programmatic value more the tangible space offerings and so this position is responsible for the strategy and execution in building the new membership program.
Space & Amenity Management
- Manages Alliance Center tenant usage to ensure that our premier meeting spaces serve as valuable amenities to our monthly building tenants. Includes defining and refining how our meeting spaces support monthly building tenants, managing tenant allotments and handling the logistics for tenant events.
- Develops additional member benefits such as discount programs to add value and free up money or time.
- Evaluate existing services and make recommendations to improve current or add new offerings to add value and increase the capacity of our members as well as distinguish The Alliance Center from our competition. Includes membership offerings and amenities like our printing service, parking lot, cafe and meeting room spaces.
- Manages the first floor hub café space and cafe vendor relationship so the café and its staff are utilized as a valuable information tool, integrated as part of the larger community and maximized as a tenant amenity.
Event Space and Non-Member Event Bookings
- Owns external event bookings.
- Provides exceptional customer service while ensuring event services are being provided efficiently and effectively and customer complaints are resolved and anticipated as much as possible.
- Responsible for coordinating all event details and logistics, including conducting potential client site visits, set-up, clean-up, invoicing and collections, contracts, overseeing event supplies and ensuring our meeting spaces positively reflect our community with its professionalism and cleanliness.
- Establishes the operational policies and procedures required to professionally manage customer contracting, catering vendors, regulatory requirements, vendors, volunteers, etc.
- Passionate about and enjoys connecting with diverse groups of people and providing exceptional customer service. Excellent people skills including the ability to easily build rapport with others
- Sales, particularly in a commercial real estate or events setting.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written. Public speaking is required as this position will represent our organization and community in front of large events
- Passionate about and familiar with sustainability and equity topics.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Function efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Prefers a variety of tasks and no two days being the same. Enjoys being involved in a wide variety of business functions as opposed to being an expert in one.
- Program development, management and evaluation
- Excellent problem-solving skills – both in terms of people and technical issues.
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Apps and familiarity with other cloud services
Reports to Whom: Alliance Center Director
Classification, Compensation, Schedule, Benefits & Position Conditions:
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt, permanent position.
The salary is between $50,000 and $60,000 per year, dependent on qualifications.
- This position serves The Alliance Center’s community and therefore the majority of the work hours are performed at the building and occur during the building’s operating hours, 8:30am to 5:00pm.
- Some limited flexibility exists to fit the applicant’s needs. Some off-site work and schedule flexibility is supported and is to be arranged with the supervisor.
- Infrequent early mornings, evenings and/or weekends are required to fulfill the duties of this position.
- The Alliance Center is committed to sustainable workloads and will work diligently to ensure work weeks do not become excessive or require prolonged periods that significantly exceed 40 hours per week.
This position qualifies for the following benefits:
- Simple IRA -3% match of compensation (eligible January1 of the following year)
- Health Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Dental Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Short Term Disability Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Life Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance (available after one month of employment)
- Vacation Pay (available after three months of employment; 15 days through three full years; 20 days after three years of employment)
- Sick Pay (maximum of 10 days per year)
- Holiday Pay (14 days -New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King Day, Presidents’ Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas Day/floating religious holiday, and December 26-December 31)
- Transit Reimbursements
- Paid Parental Leave (twelve weeks, available after twelve months consecutive employment)
Position Conditions: This position requires reasonable transportation, may require some evenings or weekends, and will require lifting up to 25 lbs with reasonable accommodation if needed.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: First, please complete our anonymous Candidate Survey here. Then email email@example.com with your cover letter and resume and include the Position Title in the subject line of the email. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until at least 4/1/2022. No phone calls, please.
- The Alliance Center strives to build a diverse and inclusive organization. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
- The Alliance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.