Full-Time Communications Manager – Engagement
The Communications Manager-Engagement is responsible for supporting a global network of Climate Reality Leaders. This position will plan and oversee emails, campaign resources, online community content, and all other engagement communications going out to Climate Reality Leaders and chapter members. This position will also work to support the Engagement and Communications/ Digital teams to support Climate Reality Leaders and chapter members as needed, as it relates to outgoing communications.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Writing the copy for emails, blogs, website content, outreach materials, resources, presentations, and social media posts to influence action by our global base of Climate Reality Leaders.
- Testing messaging and strategies for motivating volunteers to take action and report their actions back to Climate Reality.
- Ensuring environmental and climate justice are prioritizes across all communications with Climate Leaders, and approaching communications with an intersectional lens.
- Copy editing and approving all content that will be seen by Climate Reality’s volunteers, ensuring consistency of voice and mission, and adhering to Climate Reality’s official style guide.
- Prioritizing communicating with inclusive and accessible language for a wide variety of global audiences.
- Working across teams to ensure consistent messaging across organizational programs and initiatives, as well as re-purposing copy to best serve communications needs.
- Liaising with the Design Manager to develop graphics for Climate Reality Leadership Corps emails, online community, and campaign needs.
- Identifying outstanding work reported through our internal platforms, social media, or online outlets and flagging for recognition, partnership, or higher engagement.
- Supporting and contributing to the analysis of email program metrics and analysis, and segmented mailing lists.
- Coding, testing, and sending emails through a dedicated email marketing program.
- Staying abreast of the latest in digital communications best practices, regulations, and testing opportunities.
- Supporting the various teams tasked with bolstering communications efforts and with providing direct support to volunteers.
- Managing the day-to-day work of the Engagement Communications Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Continue to support the expected growth of the Campus Corps program after the 2021 Trainings
- Providing insight, guidance, and intentionality around Unpacking Whiteness programming at the organization to work on white-dominant organizational culture and internal DEIJ goals
- Experience writing emails and newsletters, ideally to engage volunteers
- Experience with digital communication platforms and databases and experience with EveryAction and Salesforce strongly preferred
- Strong organizational, written, and verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing deadlines
- Experience managing projects, programs or individuals preferred
- Experience and awareness of cultural diversity and ability to work effectively with a diverse group of organizations and volunteers
- A dedication to solving the climate crisis
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, and or Apple Office Suite. Google Office Suite a plus!
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.
BENEFITS: Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
PREFERRED START DATE: November 15, 2021