Full-Time Communications Manager
Communications Manager – Climate Action Campaign
Who We Are:
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com/.
The Communications Manager (CM) plays a critical role in the communications, messaging and media strategy, and project management for a leading coalition of national environmental groups focused on defending critical clean air and climate change safeguards.
The primary areas of responsibility for the CM include:
- Providing strategic communications guidance to the communications team and the coalition
- Contributing significantly to the content creation team, including drafting, vetting and editing of campaign materials
- Providing counsel, support and leadership to other members of the content creation team
- Managing media consultants, including work with CAC’s specialty media program
- Providing media planning and support for Partner Engagement and State Operations events
- Monitoring, attracting, and increasing followership on CAC social platforms.
- Working on rapid response efforts and special projects as needed
Useful technology skills include programs such as InDesign, Canva, AP Formats, etc.
Who You Are:
The CM is a full-time employee of the Partnership Project. The CM reports to the Communications Director and works alongside the other communications staff and consultants.
Candidates should have very strong writing skills, political knowledge, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced campaign environment. The ideal candidate will balance excellence with humility, demonstrate grace under pressure, and be comfortable with ambiguity and quickly shifting landscapes and objectives. At least 3-4 years of professional experience in a campaign style communications position is preferred.
The Fine Print:
This is a full-time, Exempt position. Washington, DC is the preferred location for this position, but candidates in other locations will be considered. CAC staff are currently working in a hybrid set-up. COVID vaccinations are required for onsite work. Staff will work East Coast hours regardless of their location.
The starting salary for this position begins at $60,000 and is commensurate based on experience. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes 100% employer paid medical, dental, and vision insurance, generous paid time off, and a 401k plan.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice, and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: Please follow the link below to apply. Please be sure to include both a resume and a cover letter: https://climateactioncampaign.hire.trakstar.com/jobs/fk027sv?source=
- If you require reasonable accommodations for a disability so that you may participate in the selection process, please email email@example.com.