Full-Time Communications Manager
Conservation Strategy Fund (CSF) is seeking a Communications Manager to lead the organization’s outreach efforts from our headquarters in Washington, DC. The Communications Manager is responsible for representing CSF’s work to a wide range of audiences including our partners, funders, alumni, government decision-makers, the press, and the public. We reach our audiences through our website, social media, webinars, printed materials, trainings, and events. In addition, this position is expected to support our country offices, training and fellowship programs, partners, and consultants.
A successful candidate will have excellent writing and organizational skills, strong self-motivation, and a can-do attitude. A clear track record of knowledge and experience in similar endeavors is preferred. This position will be based in Washington, D.C. and eligibility to work in the U.S. is required. Salary is commensurate with experience. CSF offers a competitive benefits package including paid sick leave and vacation time, health insurance, and retirement fund matching. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Manage all of CSF’s internal and external communications, providing oversight and acting as a final check on all outgoing and branded materials.
- Research, write, and edit content for CSF’s website, social media, publications, proposals, and reports.
- Coordinate with communications and field staff in CSF’s global offices to develop content on current projects and courses, and provide timely updates on the results of CSF’s economic analysis and trainings.
- Institute clear communication guidelines and protocols, and provide training and technical support for internal communications platforms and software.
- Lead the implementation of CSF’s communications plan.
- Maintain and update CSF’s photo library and files archive on Google Drive, and help manage CSF’s contact database.
- Maintain and update CSF’s website and work with the site developer to implement any changes.
- Manage and grow CSF’s social media presence, YouTube Channel, and existing Economic Video Lesson library, track requests for usage and maintain communications tracking systems.
- Design and implement email marketing campaigns, including the quarterly newsletter, end of year fundraising campaigns, and donor outreach emails.
- Field media requests, draft press releases, op-eds, and journal articles, and engage with the press.
- Lead the development of our annual report.
- Provide communications support for all training and dissemination events, including facilitating all registration and outreach related to CSF’s annual international course, Economics & Finance for Environmental Leadership.
- Design marketing and outreach materials for digital and print format, including course headers, presentation templates, printed brochures, technical publications, strategic plans, and other materials, or contract and supervise outside designers to complete this work.
- Support CSF global training staff with course follow up and tracking initiatives.
- Follow-up on past projects and engage with course alumni to generate success stories and testimonials.
- Attend and participate in relevant staff and/or board and committee meetings.
- Participate in staff development activities/trainings as needed to complete job duties or as required by the Executive Director.
- Develop and maintain positive, effective working relationships and communication with fellow staff, partners, conservation colleagues, and alumni.
- Organize one to three events per year, such as press events, webinars, and workshops.
- Maintain organization of key documents and communications.
Education, Experience & Skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Communications, Economics, Public Policy, International Relations, etc.)
- 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Required technical skills: Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Drupal, Adobe Acrobat, Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, MailChimp, Salesforce
- Desired technical skills: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom, Adobe Illustrator
- Spanish, Portuguese, or Indonesian language skills preferred, but not required
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Creative and energetic, with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Common sense, flexibility, and teamwork skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment
- Demonstrated interest in international environmental issues and conservation
- Eligibility to work in the U.S.
Conservation Strategy Fund is an international non-profit organization with over 20 years of experience using economics to support environmental conservation and sustainable development. We conduct rigorous economic analyses of infrastructure, protected areas, conservation incentive programs, and related issues, deliver a world-class capacity building program, and work closely with governments, NGOs and other stakeholders to support well-informed decision making. The quality and impact of our work has been recognized with the MacArthur Award for Creative and Effective Institutions. We focus on Latin America and Indonesia with an evolving body of work in the U.S., Africa and the Pacific, and have offices in Peru, Brazil, Bolivia, Indonesia, and the United States. For more information, visit our website at www.conservation-strategy.org