Full-Time Communications Coordinator
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) seeks a full-time Communications Coordinator to develop, grow, and maintain our communications efforts across the Southeast region.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy (SACE) is a regional, not-for-profit environmental advocacy organization that promotes responsible and equitable energy choices to ensure clean, safe and healthy communities throughout the Southeast. After more than 35 years, SACE remains the only regional organization solely focused on transforming the way energy is produced and consumed in the Southeast.
The Communications Coordinator will work with the Communications team and program staff to develop and implement strategic social media plans to grow and engage supporters and accomplish program and organizational goals. Responsibilities include:
- Continually evaluate changing dynamics of social media advocacy to identify leading-edge opportunities and trends that will advance SACE’s messaging.
- Develop engaging content to cultivate digital channels best suited for SACE’s target audiences.
- Oversee the posting, scheduling, and analytics reporting for multiple social media channels, reporting results to appropriate teams, and making data-driven recommendations to propel digital growth.
- Collaborate with communications and program staff to create, target, track, and adjust digital ads campaigns.
- Assist in additional graphics needs for use in social and traditional media outreach and member communications, as well as one-off needs of the organization.
- Support with general communications responsibilities, including editing and formatting email, newsletter, and website content.
- Work with the communications team to track analytics across Google, Wix, CRM, and social media platforms to develop and achieve growth goals.
- Source photos for graphics and identify compelling posts to amplify.
- Experience in proactive social media management and passion for staying up to date with continually changing digital trends as they relate to advocacy work.
- Ability to make data-driven decisions to create and target social media campaigns.
- Commitment to advancing clean and equitable energy as a climate solution, and to SACE’s mission and DEI principles.
- Attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines with integrity, accountability, and a commitment to maintaining quality.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to adapt organizational tone for different platforms. The ability to communicate in other languages is a plus but not required.
- Work well independently, and as part of a geographically-dispersed team.
- Desire to grow and strengthen your skillset to support the evolving needs of the organization.
- Graphic and video content creation and editing experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with Google Drive is required.
- Experience with Adobe Suite products, WordPress, CRM platforms, like EveryAction or ActBlue, is a plus.
- Attending events may be required periodically on evenings and weekends, pending recommended COVID-19 safety protocols. Other non-event evening or weekend work may be necessary infrequently.
Expertise in clean energy, environmental, and public interest issues is not required, but a passion for understanding them and conveying complex issues to a wide and diverse audience is essential.
The Southern Alliance for Clean Energy recognizes that its continued success requires a staff of hardworking, intelligent people from diverse backgrounds. SACE is an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, gender, disability, veteran, marital status, or sexual orientation. We encourage applications from women and persons of diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to email@example.com with the subject line “Communications Coordinator Position.” References will be required of candidates during the interview process, and a background check may be performed. Due to the high volume of inquiries we receive, we are unable to personally respond to all applicants. Please be assured that every application is reviewed and considered by our HR Director as well as a senior member of our staff.
This is a full-time position that may be based at one of the SACE offices in Knoxville, Tennessee, and Asheville, North Carolina, or at a co-working space in Atlanta, Georgia. Remote work is an option for candidates located in the Southeast. Staff is currently in a hybrid work protocol due to the COVID-19 pandemic and SACE will work with potential candidates to schedule remote interviews and process onboarding procedures remotely, if necessary.
Salary offer will be commensurate with nonprofit compensation in the Southeast and include a full benefits package including 401k matching, paid vacation, and paid sick leave. Additionally, SACE will provide support for training to deepen your skillset when appropriate.
How to ApplyCandidates should email a resume and cover letter describing your qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405