Full-Time Communications Consultant
RRS is a mission orientated company dedicated to community-centered sustainability, materials management, and climate solutions since incorporating in 1986. In that time, we have grown to nearly 65 employees in four countries and have conducted over 1,000 projects around the globe. RRS is composed of strategists, planners, engineers, economists, technical analysts, businesspeople, and communications specialists. Our experts operate confidently across the materials management supply chain, identifying the best opportunities to effect change, and developing pathways to long-term value.
RRS has grown with the industry, developed new solutions for waste and recycling operations and paved the way for clients, both public and private, to develop waste diversion and recycling operations that are aligned with client context and grounded in technology, proven metrics, and decades of experience. Our breadth of experience includes stakeholder engagement, policy analysis, program planning, and project execution in areas such as assessments, facility audits, system design and optimization, high-diversion program implementation, packaging recovery, communications/outreach, financial and data analysis modeling, extended producer responsibility, and circular economy practices.
Our company is scaling for growth. We want top performers that can strengthen relationships, build and grow the business, all while having a positive environmental impact. Sometimes that takes flexibility. RRS understands that normal office hours may not be M-F, 9-5. We also understand that geography is not a limitation to greatness – a virtual office can be as agile, efficient, and productive as a brick-and-mortar office. Flexibility with an expectation of strong, smart work yields the best results for all involved.
RRS is seeking applications for a Communications Consultant to work with an established clientele as well as provide assistance in developing new projects focusing on developing, managing and executing communications and outreach campaigns; overseeing design and implementation; and providing messaging and branding approaches to a wide variety of client types and projects.
- Collaborate with clients and team members to develop successful communication strategies.
- Ability to draft and implement various communications tactics including promotional, print, digital content, and survey design.
- Develop content/media materials, press releases, fact sheets, Q&As, branded content, blog posts, op-eds, scripts, toolkits and other tactics required to support media/influencer outreach and client objectives.
- Ability to serve clients in a public relations capacity by identifying media opportunities, pitch story ideas and content, maintaining media relations, and promotion positive awareness of the client and their initiatives through external communications.
- Conduct live and virtual events including planning, organization, and execution such as webinars, trainings, stakeholder events, client meetings, media and press events, and video shoots.
- Track and analyze strategic communications campaigns and activities to measure impact and report to clients.
- Prepare presentations and content for print and electronic media.
- Generate new techniques to make communications more effective.
- Follow industry trends in assessing impact of communication plans.
- Organized, self-motivated, ability to set work priorities and complete work with minimal supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- High level of professionalism in communicating with external clients;
- Ability to perform work virtually and must have access to stable wi-fi/internet;
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills;
- Ability to easily manage and coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, Zoom, Hootsuite, Google Analytics, social media platforms, and experience with tools and programs to facilitate deployment of communications campaigns and strategies such as media monitoring platforms.
- Experience in solid waste and recycling industry is preferred but not required.
- Experience in consulting is preferred but not required.
- This position requires a four-year college degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Marketing or related field, and between at least two to five year’s working experience in strategic communications.
- Certification or training in one or more of the following: public relations, community based social marketing, strategic communications, social media, digital marketing, and copy writing.
Pay Range: $74,000 – $92,000 depending on experience and qualifications. RRS is an equal opportunity employer.