Part-Time Communications and Membership Coordinator
Title: Communications and Membership Coordinator
Position details: Part-time, approximately 15 hours per week, four-month initial term, ideal start January/February 2022
Location: Remote, potential for in-person meetings or events, depending on location
Summary: Seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented, creative individual to work collaboratively to recruit, onboard, and support our early career researcher members, and promote National Science Policy Network through various channels.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The mission of the National Science Policy Network is to engage early career STEM professionals in policy-making by fostering community, training the next generation of leaders, and empowering advocates for the role of science in society. National Science Policy Network is an independent operating project of the nonprofit umbrella organization, Multiplier, a nationally recognized nonprofit with a portfolio of innovative initiatives that conserve and protect a sustainable and resilient world.
The Communications and Membership Coordinator will serve as the creative and tactical lead to grow and deeply engage a broad audience, including existing and potential members, partners, sponsors, and donors. The coordinator will manage NSPN’s social media channels, craft compelling content, and execute marketing campaigns across multiple platforms under the guidance of NSPN’s Associate Director and Director of Communications. The member relations component of the role will entail collaborating with relevant committees to create and implement strategies, systems, and structures that welcome and guide new, existing, and alumni members, so that they can engage deeply with NSPN. This role provides an incredible opportunity for skill-building and career development across fields. There is potential for the position to extend or change into a permanent role; it will begin part-time, with a four-month term.
- Manage our social media accounts and create digital content that is aesthetically pleasing and represents a consistent brand.
- Track appropriate metrics associated with the scheduling and timing and content of social media posts to improve message accessibility and impact.
- Engage with other science policy and advocacy organizations in the social media space to support the strategic communications plan.
- Support the development of marketing or donor campaigns.
- Serve as the point person for coordinating and delegating diverse tasks related to social media and membership.
- Work with relevant communications staff and committees to establish appropriate NSPN branding for recruitment and onboarding materials.
- Work closely with NSPN’s staff and committees to craft and implement member recruitment strategies (campaigns, events, targeted outreach, etc.) to help us reach and serve a diverse and broad audience across geographies, fields and career statuses.
- Track and coordinate communications with new, existing, and alumni members through our member database and create processes that make it easier to support and engage members in NSPN programming and professional development.
We welcome people with diverse identities, experiences and perspectives to apply, strong candidates will possess many, but not necessarily all, of the following:
- First and foremost, a passion for NSPN’s mission and vision and enthusiasm for science policy and advocacy.
- Ability to effectively and enthusiastically represent NSPN to the public and various stakeholders.
- Commitment to NSPN’s value of centering equity, inclusion and justice in all of our work.
- Ability to delegate tasks, support others, and take instruction, and awareness of when it’s best to do one versus the other.
- Flexibility and comfort with experimentation, iteration, and change as part of a young, dynamic, and growing organization.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail; adept at managing many moving pieces.
- Ability to work independently and highly motivated to tackle projects with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively prioritize time and tasks and navigate challenges and obstacles as they arise.
- Demonstrated strong written communication, with skill in tailoring language to a range of platforms and audiences in creative and meaningful ways.
- Thoughtful, clear, and concise communication with colleagues.
- Experience or enthusiasm for engaging and sustaining strong partnerships within STEM communities, ideally in the context of recruitment and/or member support.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- High level of familiarity and comfort with Google apps, Slack, Zoom and other online collaboration and communication platforms.
- Experience working with social media platforms and analytics, particularly Twitter and LinkedIn, is highly preferred.
- Passion for graphic design, and ideally some experience, aptitude or training in visual design principles and branding.
Part-time, ~15 hours/week, $25/hour, some benefits (retirement matching).
The position may require some short-distance travel, and attendance of in-person recruiting and/or networking events when events are held within driving distance of the successful candidate’s place of residence.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. First review will occur on January 5th. Send us your résumé/CV and one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Communications and Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position, and describe your relevant experience and qualifications. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Multiplier and the National Science Policy Network celebrate diversity and are committed to building teams and partnerships that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Multiplier and NSPN are also committed to providing an environment of mutual respect that is free from discrimination and harassment. Multiplier and NSPN prohibit discrimination in its governance, programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisal, marital status, amnesty, status as a covered veteran, because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from public assistance, or for any other non-merit based factor.
How to ApplyHOW TO APPLY: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. First review will occur on January 5th. Send us your résumé/CV and one-page cover letter to email@example.com with “Communications and Membership Coordinator” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please explain why you are interested in this position, and describe your relevant experience and qualifications. We respectfully request no follow-up calls or emails.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405