Full-Time Communications and Engagement Coordinator
Mount Grace is an accredited regional land trust serving 23 communities in North Central Massachusetts. Headquartered in Athol, MA, we have been working to conserve and steward land since 1986. Our work is rooted in our collaborative, innovative approach to conservation. Mount Grace is a proud equal opportunity employer and strives to be an inclusive and diverse organization.
We are looking to add a dynamic, enthusiastic member to our team to boost our community outreach, communications, and fundraising capacity. Core position responsibilities will include organizing the community outreach program, fundraising, and driving our media and communications materials and strategy.
Communications and Marketing: Implement a communications and marketing plan that tells the Mount Grace story effectively through events, traditional media, newsletters, eNews, graphics, brochures, video, and social media. Coordinate our website redesign program including interfacing between the design team and the Mount Grace staff and overseeing all content.
Outreach Events: Create and coordinate a calendar of outreach events that deepen connections with our members, our volunteers, and the public, that grow membership and volunteer numbers, and that speak to our core audiences. These events may include nature walks, tabling at festivals, pub science, lectures on natural and cultural history, movie showings, and our Annual Meeting.
Fundraising: Work with the Development Team to secure necessary funds for the organization including responsibility for a portfolio of 30-40 current and potential donors as part of our Major Donor program.
Membership Program: Support our membership recruitment and retention goals in partnership with the Development and Engagement Teams and Board Committees, including writing renewal and appeal letters.
Volunteer Management: Recruit and retain volunteers and facilitate the Engagement Committee to implement engagement and membership goals, supports event planning, development, and communications.
Essential Job Functions
- Excellent communication skills
- Enthusiastic, positive, and responsive approach to interacting with colleagues and community members
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to represent Mount Grace while recruiting and cultivating new and current donors
- Appreciation for accuracy in details
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
- Communications experience
- Fundraising experience is helpful but not required
- Demonstrated writing ability and design capacity
- Event planning
- Desire to share creativity, event planning, and communication skills to support Mount Grace’s mission to protect land for the benefit of people and the environment
Salary range is commensurate with experience. Mount Grace offers a competitive benefits package and collaborative work environment in Athol, MA.