Full-Time Colorado Organizer
Salary Range: $48,000 to $60,000 (dependent on experience)
Location: This full-time position is for immediate hire based in Colorado, preferably Denver but other locations considered.
Deadline for Applications: August 15, 2021
ABOUT WILDEARTH GUARDIANS
WildEarth Guardians is a west-wide nonprofit environmental advocacy organization headquartered in Santa Fe, NM with offices in Denver, CO, Missoula, MT, Boise, ID, Seattle, WA, Tucson, AZ, and Portland, OR. For over 30 years we have been waging innovative legal, political, and grassroots campaigns to protect and restore wildlife, wild places, wild rivers, and community health in the American West.
WildEarth Guardians seeks a full-time Colorado Organizer to play an integral role supporting activist engagement across the state , elevating the organization’s profile and campaign goals. The Colorado Organizer builds and manages volunteer and activist networks, driving mutually beneficial relationships with community leaders, impacted constituency groups, and ally organizations to build power for protecting the wildlife, wild places, wild rivers, and the health of communities in Colorado.
- Recruits activists to engage in Guardians campaigns, networking with like-minded or similar issue-based groups, organizations, and coalitions across the Front Range and Western Slope.
- Achieves agreed-upon campaign objectives by creating organizing plans, and executing creative tactics and events.
- Represents Guardians at public events, grassroots activists groups and in the environmental community at large.
- Seeks opportunities to advance Guardians’ Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion initiatives through new partnerships and engagement strategies.
- Engages people and develops volunteer leadership to build power at the local, state, and national level.
- Develops and implements a variety of engagement strategies including online and face-to-face creative tactics across Colorado.
- Maintains and develops new partnerships with affinity groups who share common goals and values.
- Develops volunteer leaders and skills, offers issue-based trainings to build skill level.
- Works with appropriate staff and volunteers to plan and implement visibility, media and community outreach events to generate public support with agency decision-makers and in the media.
- Identifies and is responsible for developing strong relationships with key people of influence including community leaders and public officials to influence positive campaign outcomes.
- Coordinates and measures success of activities to ensure progress towards mission and goals.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
The ideal candidate is an innovative, tech savvy individual with smart ideas and high motivation to work independently. A people person, they should love interacting with people on the ground and show potential for introducing innovative ideas to engage people and build diverse networks both digitally and offline. The candidate should have the ability to build meaningful partnerships with diverse organizations, entities, and individuals to strengthen Guardians’ campaigns and initiatives. Additional qualifications include:
- Proven leadership and passion for and dedication to environmental and social justice with a passion for addressing wildlife, wild places, wild rivers, and climate and energy issues.
- At least two years of experience working with volunteers in the environmental movement, political campaigns, or other, similar organizations to plan and implement grassroots campaigns.
- Strong skills and experience in key campaigning areas: public speaking, activist training, strategic planning, organizing people around an issue, oral and written communication, and problem solving skills. Experience in using a variety of communication & engagement tools to motivate people.
- Strong communication and listening skills with an openness to receive and implement feedback.
- Has current contacts or has the ability to develop contacts with coalition partners. Strong ability to network, build trust, and build working relationships.
- Ability to work independently, cooperatively and effectively with public, staff, and volunteers.
- Adept at Excel and preferably using web databases and familiarity with social networking sites, blogs, and online tools for grassroots organizing.
- Able and willing to travel as needed. Valid driver’s license required.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
WildEarth Guardians offers a competitive starting annual base salary of $48,000 to $60,000 (depending on experience), a friendly and flexible team-based environment with an excellent benefits package. You will have flexibility to select benefits based on your personal preferences, your family situation, and/or your financial objectives.
Benefits include full health, vision, dental, life, and disability coverage, a 403(b)retirement plan with a 3% match, paid and unpaid health and family leave, a sabbatical policy, sick leave, three weeks paid vacation to start, and fourteen holidays including your birthday.
For immediate consideration, please email your resume and a cover letter describing your professional background, qualifications and affirmation of the salary range offered above via our web portal. Please respect our anonymous hiring process, and apply through the web portal rather than contacting Guardians staff directly. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Deadline for applications is August 15, 2021 with first-round interviews starting August 30, 2021.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
WildEarth Guardians is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, class, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, family/marital status, religion or other protected classes. We especially encourage applications from persons of color, women and LGBTQ+ candidates.
JEDI Vision Statement: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
How to ApplyPlease apply on our website via this link.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405