Full-Time Co-Executive Director
Want to work with an organization that’s taking bold action to stop the climate crisis? Join the 350NH staff as our new Co-Executive Director! The Co-Executive Director manages the internal operations of the organization and works closely with Co-ED Emma who is lead on all program/external relations.
We are seeking somebody who is passionate about our mission, enjoys developing political strategy and problem solving, and is committed to building a strong foundation of support for 350NH. This role includes managing our fundraising – the whole staff participates and if you don’t have fundraising experience but are willing to learn, we will support you.
Why join 350NH’s staff now?
- NH needs immediate and just action on climate change.
- We have the opportunity to drive the national narrative on climate through critical elections in 2022 and the first in the nation primary in 2024.
- People power works! We stopped the Granite Bridge Fracked gas pipeline and we are mobilizing to shut down the last coal plant in New England.
- This is a great opportunity for a first time ED or more experienced director, either way, we will support you with professional development and create space for learning.
- We have a $1,000 signing bonus (after 3 months).
- We have a 35 hour work-week and five paid weeks of flexible time off. We respect and encourage work life boundaries as a crucial part of organizing and activist culture.
- 350NH is a multiracial and multigenerational organization. We have a dynamic team of five staff and six high school student fellows.
The 350NH Co-Executive Director is primarily responsible for:
- Co-manage organizational strategy development, org structure, systems, equity goals, partnerships and boards with the Co-Director.
- Hold regular management check-ins with the Communications Director and co-management check-ins with Co-Director.
- Manage human resources policies and support staff.
- Support campaigns and hold organizational partnerships.
Fundraising & Operations
- Develop and work with the staff team to implement the annual fundraising plan.
- Manage grants fundraising: research funding sources, create and maintain connections with funders, write grants and reports, work with the national network of independent 350 groups to leverage national grant funding.
- With help of a consultant, manage major donor fundraising: build relationships with donors and make annual asks for support.
- Create and manage 350NH and 350NH Action’s budgets and work with Co-Director to make spending decisions.
- Work with bookkeepers, fiscal sponsor and board treasurer to keep accurate records, approve invoices and review financials.
- Manage cost-sharing agreements and election reporting of the c3, c4, and PAC as needed.
Skills & Qualifications:
Note: Please apply if you feel you meet at least 2/3rds of these qualifications. If you don’t have fundraising or financial management experience we will support you to learn!
- At least 2-3 years of relevant program or organizational management experience, with experience managing staff
- Willingness to fundraise and project manage the staff and any consultants to keep 350NH’s fundraising on track and meet goals. (Fundraising experience paid or volunteer is preferred)
- Strong writing skills (grant writing experience preferred)
- Experience building organizational partnerships across issues and differences
- Highly organized/detail-oriented and self driven with demonstrated ability to manage own workload
- Good listener; collaborative leader; team player willing to support fellow staff
- Engaged in anti-racism and anti-oppression training
- Ability to think big and creatively when strategizing
- Believes in the power of nonviolent direct action
- Experience and willingness to speak at public events
- Access to a car/driver’s license
- Experience working with communities most impacted by the climate crisis, with a particular eye for those most impacted by racial & economic injustice, two issues that intersect deeply with the climate crisis
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
350NH currently has access to a coworking space in Dover, NH and limited use of office space in Concord, NH. Employees can choose to work from home or at the office. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to read, speak, and use a computer keyboard and monitor. This position requires travel to meetings and conferences. Some evening meetings and/or weekend events will be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
How to Apply
- Position Type: Full time (35 hours/wk)
- Application Deadline: Applications will be reviewed upon receipt. Priority review of applications received by February 16, 2022
- Start Date: Flexible, preferably no later than April 1, 2022 but negotiable for the right candidate
- Compensation: 350NH offers a competitive salary based on an equitable pay scale system. Estimate between $48,000-51,000/yr
- Benefits: 5 weeks of flexible time off, flexible hours, health and dental stipen
- Location: Must live in or be willing to relocate to New Hampshire within six months of hiring. Relocation assistance is available and negotiable.
- CLICK HERE TO APPLY: Please submit your application today (priority deadline Feb. 16)
350NH is committed to being a collaborative group that values a diversity of approaches and perspectives to the work we do because we know this allows the movement to be as strong as it can be. People of color, and of all genders, sexualities, ethnicities, and abilities, and particularly members of communities on the frontlines of climate change are welcome and encouraged to apply.