Full-Time Climate Training Manager
Reports To: Senior Climate Training Manager
Direct Reports: None
Salary Band: $77,500
Classification: Full Time, Salary Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
The Climate Reality Project is a nonprofit organization founded by former US Vice President Al Gore. Our mission is to catalyze a global solution to the climate crisis by making urgent action a necessity across every sector of society.
At The Climate Reality Project, we come to work every day to help solve the climate crisis. We do it by working from the ground up, empowering people and communities worldwide to fight for their future and together drive a just transition to clean energy.
We are committed to building a more just and equitable world, one where all voices are heard and respected regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, or physical ability. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other historically marginalized communities. We encourage applicants to read our diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice statement on our website.
We are hiring in the DC (DMV) region only.
The Climate Reality Project is offering a full-time position for a Climate Training Manager to work with the Special Projects team. This team plans, organizes, and executes events, including Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings, designed to give everyday people the knowledge, networks, and tools to solve the climate crisis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support development of session content, subject-matter, and the agenda for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Identifying, vetting, recruiting and preparing speakers for Climate Reality Leadership Corps trainings.
- Managing speaker data, logistics and travel (on site and remote). Liaising between speakers, Climate Reality staff, and vendors.
- Conducting site visits and regional research, identifying key topics, critical voices, and compelling case studies.
- Coordinating with other departments and vendors to ensure that events and projects track with organizational priorities of building the climate movement and mobilizing activists.
- Facilitating and presenting at cross-organizational planning meetings.
- Writing support and briefing materials for speakers and Climate Reality leadership.
- Support for other organizational events as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- General understanding of climate policy, just transition, clean energy, grassroots activism, and environmental and climate justice topics in the US and abroad.
- Comfortable working with high-profile leaders and representing Climate Reality to external stakeholders.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a related field.
- A background in environmental advocacy education, training development, issue advocacy and/or community organizing.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Excellent benefits, including employer paid 100% employee medical, life, dental, vision. 401K, Paid Parental Leave and other fringe benefits such as wellness days, vacation and sick time are all included.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities, and termination.