Full-Time Climate Outreach and Maine Brewshed Alliance Coordinator
The Natural Resources Council of Maine (NRCM), the state’s leading environmental advocacy organization, is seeking to hire a new Outreach Coordinator. This is an exciting opportunity to join NRCM’s advocacy team in a position that will focus on organizing for climate action, coordinating the Maine Brewshed Alliance, and supporting NRCM’s Federal Program. The Outreach Coordinator will help support NRCM’s public engagement efforts with significant responsibilities aimed at helping to pass ambitious climate change initiatives and defend federal environmental safeguards. Additionally, this position offers a leadership opportunity to coordinate the Maine Brewshed Alliance, a strategic partnership between NRCM and Maine’s leading craft breweries. Responsibilities include leading the strategic mobilization of grassroots and stakeholder support; coordinating the Maine Brewshed Alliance; and building an expanding network of strategic relationships with key activists, business and community leaders, and other organizations and individuals to help advance environmental policies. This is full-time, one-year position based at NRCM’s office in Augusta, Maine, with a possibility of becoming a permanent position. The Outreach Coordinator reports to NRCM’s Federal Program Director.
Application Process: Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, November 18.
- Build public support on a broad range of environmental policy issues, primarily associated with building support for climate action and defending federal environmental safeguards.
- Coordinate the Maine Brewshed Alliance, including building relationships with Maine’s leading craft breweries, supervising the Maine Brewshed Ambassador program, and ensuring the website remains current.
- Engage key members of the public, business and civic communities, other organizations, and elected officials in many Maine communities to educate and engage them on environmental issues, including at meetings and events and through one-on-one conversations.
- Play a leadership role planning and executing outreach events, from large forums to smaller advocacy events. Develop and deliver presentations to targeted audiences as part of a strategic effort to recruit activists, allies, and supporters.
- Develop and execute comprehensive outreach plans to support NRCM’s issue campaigns and highest priority initiatives.
- Generate draft op-eds, letters-to-the-editor, social media posts, news releases, and other media materials to build support for NRCM’s advocacy positions.
- Prepare action alerts and other communications with NRCM’s electronic advocacy software. Gather and enter data to expand outreach contacts in NRCM database.
- Conduct independent research and writing to create factsheets, organizational materials, and updates to NRCM web pages, including blog posts.
- Serve as outreach and information contact with activists and members, coalition partners, and potential allies.
- Provide general ongoing input and assistance to the Federal Director and Federal Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Ability to learn policy issues quickly and communicate complex issues in simple and persuasive terms.
- Must be attentive to details.
- Prior experience with electoral and/or public interest issue campaigns.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills, including persuasive writing and strong public speaking skills.
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including ability to think strategically and motivate others toward common goals.
- Ability to travel and work evening hours (e.g. events or meetings away from the office).
- Proficient with word processing, electronic advocacy, and database management.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including staff from other nonprofit organizations, business leaders, NRCM members, and the general public.
- Commitment and passion for environmental issues and NRCM’s mission.
- Enterprising, motivated, entrepreneurial, and undaunted.
About the Natural Resources Council of Maine
Started in 1959, the Natural Resources Council of Maine is the state’s leading environmental advocacy organization. NRCM has a strong legacy of accomplishments across a broad range of policy areas, including river restoration, protecting Maine’s North Woods, clean energy and climate advocacy, addressing plastic pollution, and much more. NRCM works statewide to improve the quality of Maine’s environment, working in coalition with other nonprofit organizations, business and community leaders, elected officials, NRCM members, and the public at-large. Over the past 60 years, NRCM has led efforts to keep Maine a special place.
NRCM is based in Augusta, with a staff of 30. NRCM is committed to a positive work culture where diversity is honored and respected. The work environment is friendly, fun, cooperative, and fast-paced. Staff members need to be able to work independently and adapt to changing priorities. NRCM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnicity, race, religion, physical/mental ability, sexual orientation, or national origin. NRCM will provide reasonable accommodation to employees with disabilities where appropriate. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, November 18.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405