Full-Time Climate MEL Specialist
EnCompass LLC is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist to support the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) Technical, Operational & Program
Support (TOPS) institutional support contract. The TOPS program provides demand-driven technical assistance to USAID’s Environment, Energy, and Infrastructure (EEI) Center and other operating units (OU) designing and implementing climate, environment, energy, and infrastructure-related activities. The MEL Specialist supports performance monitoring, evaluation, documentation of learning, and reporting for USAID. This role will contribute to outreach, coordination, and capacity building efforts regarding climate metrics and reporting, working across the Agency, including with staff and implementing partners in Washington and the Missions.
This is a full-time position, based at EnCompass headquarters, in Rockville, Maryland. Expected to be fully remote until November 2021. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship. As a covered Federal contractor, EnCompass must comply with the President’s Executive Order 14042 and the follow-on guidance issued by Safer Federal Workforce Task Force on COVID-19 Workplace Safety. Therefore, all US-based EnCompass employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021, to include staff working from home.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide MEL support to USAID Missions and Washington, and support MEL needs, such as the development and implementation of context-appropriate strategy, office, program, project, and activity level MEL plans
- Develop meaningful and practical indicators, and associated user-friendly tools for data collection, management, analysis and visualization
- Support adaptive management, knowledge management, and capacity building by working in partnership with local organizations, Missions, and other OUs
- Support awardees, Missions, and other OUs in addressing data quality concerns and establishing effective logistical arrangements and systems for capturing and disseminating results and learning
- Support adaptive management, pause-and-reflect exercises, and other approaches to identifying and making mid-course corrections
- Develop Frequently Asked Questions documents, guidance, blogs and webinars in support of effective MEL
- Synthesize and analyze MEL knowledge gained through EEI and Agency programming, through the development of learning and research plans, third party evaluations, surveys, or other approaches
- Engage fully as a member of the USAID/DDI/EEI/CCS and EnCompass staff teams, including participating in staff meetings and other events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, and at least 3-10 years of demonstrated professional experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
Experience and Skills
- Strong qualitative and quantitative evaluation skills, including sample design, mixed method designs, data analysis and instrument development
- MEL experience in climate-related programming, greenhouse gas accounting, clean energy and/or natural climate solutions
- Proficiency in data management, analysis, and visualization best practices and tools, including advanced Excel, general database design, Tableau, ArcGIS, Python or R
- Ability to think strategically and integrate diverse information from varied sources
- In-depth understanding of international development processes, factors and cultures
- Ability to deal sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues in different locations
- Adept at identifying and framing problems, setting priorities, and making critical assessments
- Ability to understand the needs of an organization and identify creative solutions. Committed to providing the highest level of service.
- Excellent management, organization, communication (verbal and written) and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet required deadlines
- Ability to confidently engage with staff at all levels to define needs and expectations, collaborate on projects and communicate results
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the application on the Careers & Consulting page of https://encompassworld.com.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
How to ApplyPlease visit this page and upload a resume and cover letter to apply.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405