Temporary Climate Corps Fellowship – Be a Part of the Solution!
Climate Corps is a Fellowship program that offers emerging climate leaders unparalleled professional development and training as they drive cutting-edge environmental solutions within leading climate organizations.
Climate Corps Fellows:
- Receive valuable experience leading climate resiliency, mitigation, and adaptation projects that have measurable outcomes and benefits.
- Build critical connections and networks with climate protection leaders.
- Learn from being part of a regional cohort of Fellows dedicated to implementing innovative approaches to our collective climate challenge.
- Participate in a comprehensive training and development program
For the 2021-22 cycle, Climate Corps partners offer a wide variety of fellowship placements. Partner positions will be added to our website throughout the spring and summer 2021. For a list of currently open placements and to apply, visit:
- Availability for the full-time, 10-month Fellowship program, beginning in September 2021
- Climate Corps Fellows must have completed a 4-year degree by the time the program cycle starts. We are looking for emerging professionals with:
- An educational background in environmental policy, science, engineering, sustainable management or planning degrees (volunteer and internship experience will be considered).
- An understanding of clean energy and environmental policy.
- Community outreach and communications experience.
- A connection to the placement location. This is an equal opportunity position and we prefer to place a candidate who already lives in the region being served.
- Experience in and the drive to address racism and create race equity with the team members and programmatically.
- Living allowance stipend of $2,255+ per month (before taxes). Select positions may offer an enhanced stipend.
- Health insurance.
- Assistance with student loan deferments.
- Extensive professional development and skill building. Upon program completion, Fellows are awarded a Professional Certificate.
- A financial award upon program completion.
To become a Fellow, please submit an online application and resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis until all placements are filled. Once the application is complete and has been reviewed, applicants who qualify will be contacted for an interview. Fellows need to be available and eligible to start by the first week of September 2021.
NOTE: We are adding new fellowship descriptions on a weekly basis!
Apply here: www.climatecorps.org/fellow
SEI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity. We believe that a wide array of perspectives contributes to creative climate solutions where all communities thrive. We strive to reflect diverse communities, especially those most impacted by climate change and other kinds of environmental, social, and economic injustices. Persons of color, persons with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply. A commitment to work and learn within an anti-oppression framework is required. https://www.seiinc.org/dei.html
Keywords: solar energy, renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainability, environmental policy, alternative transportation planning, waste reduction, environmental education, community outreach, climate change resiliency, government, facilities, greenhouse gas reduction, climate leadership