Full-Time Climate and Clean Energy Coordinator
The Natural Resources Council of Maine (NRCM) is seeking an outreach coordinator to help promote bold climate action in Maine. This is an exciting opportunity to work with leading advocates, experts, and people across Maine to build momentum for policies that boost energy efficiency, expand renewable energy sources, invest in clean transportation systems, and help Maine communities become more resilient to the impacts of climate change. Working in coalitions with prominent local and national organizations, the outreach coordinator will help build support for legislation that reduces Maine’s greenhouse gas emissions by mobilizing NRCM supporters, businesses leaders, and others statewide. We are seeking candidates who want to help accelerate the transition to a clean energy future by utilizing their strong communications skills and commitment to grassroots organizing and public engagement.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Prior experience with electoral and/or public interest issue campaigns.
- Passion for protecting the environment through the advancement of energy efficiency, clean transportation, renewable energy, and other efforts to address the threat of climate change.
- Strong communication and organizing skills, including persuasive writing and public speaking.
- Ability to work with diverse groups, including other non-profits, business leaders, state and local government officials, and the public.
- Ability to travel and work occasional evening and weekend hours (e.g. for presentations, meeting/trainings away from the office).
- Ability to learn policy issues quickly and communicate complex issues in simple and persuasive terms to NRCM members and the public.
- Proficient with digital communication programs and online platforms for advocacy, data management, and organizing.
- Ability to work independently, manage priorities, and meet deadlines.
Supervisor: Climate & Clean Energy Program Director (50%) and Federal Program Director (50%)
Status: Full-time, Salaried, Exempt
Starting Salary Range: $37,000-$43,000
- Lead the strategic mobilization of grassroots and stakeholder support, including grassroots communication with key legislators, for adoption of clean energy and climate action proposals at the state, local, and federal levels.
- Serve as outreach and information contact with activists and members, coalition members, and potential allies, including in the business community and elected officials.
- Build an expanding network of strategic relationships with key activists, business government, and community leaders, and other organizations and individuals who may help advance clean energy and climate change policies in Maine, the region, and nationally.
- Develop and deliver presentations to targeted audiences, including virtually, as part of effort to recruit and inform activists, allies, and supporters.
- Build, strengthen, and manage coalitions in support of our environmental policies and Serve as NRCM representative on several state and national coalitions, including frequent coalition meetings and calls.
- Write material for emails and action alerts to NRCM members to generate support for NRCM policy positions.
- Recruit new activists and members through events, one-on-one conversations, and online interactions. Gather and enter data to expand outreach contacts in NRCM databases.
- Working with other Outreach and Program staff, play a lead role in planning and executing diverse outreach events and activities, from large forums to smaller advocacy events, including living room in-district meetings with legislators and virtual events.
- Generate draft op-eds, letters-to-the-editor, and other media materials to build or maintain high profile of major initiatives in the news.
- Conduct independent research and writing to create content for factsheets, blog posts, and other informational and organizational materials, including regular upkeep and updates to NRCM webpages.
- Develop and execute comprehensive outreach plans to support NRCM’s issue campaigns and highest priority initiatives.
- Generate content and messages—and help manage timing and strategy—in support of social media production.
- Provide input for periodic staff reports on outreach status.
- Work with the Climate & Clean Energy Program Director and the Federal Program Director to develop annual work plans.
Common NRCM Job Responsibilities:
NRCM is committed to a positive work culture where diversity is honored and respected. To this end, all employees are expected to:
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with all NRCM staff members and also with NRCM’s members, external partners, policymakers, and the general public. This includes proactive work on understanding and addressing issues related to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice; providing and receiving constructive feedback; and a willingness to resolve conflicts constructively.
- Participate in organizational meetings and activities as requested, such as monthly staff meetings, trainings, and ad hoc planning committees.
- Complete all administrative work on time, such as time sheets, purchase orders, project reports, and planning documents.
- Be familiar with and follow organizational protocols and policies.
Physical Requirements of the Job:
The job requires working at a computer station for substantial lengths of time; performing office duties such as phoning, filing, and copying, and the ability to lift objects up to 10 pounds.
NRCM will provide reasonable accommodation to employees with disabilities where appropriate. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case- by-case basis.
NRCM strives to provide a supportive work environment through fair and competitive compensation and benefits, up-to-date equipment and IT support, adequate supervision, and ongoing professional development. The work environment is friendly, fun, cooperative, and very fast-paced. Staff members need to be able to work independently and adapt to changing priorities.
NRCM is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnicity, race, religion, physical/mental ability, sexual orientation, or national origin. NRCM will provide reasonable accommodation to employees with disabilities.
NRCM is committed to providing fair and competitive compensation to its employees. We base our compensation decisions on:
- A biennial market survey of comparable organizations and localities
- An evaluation of employee qualifications that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, religion, physical/mental ability, sexual orientation or national origin
- High employee performance that advances our strategic plan and other organizational priorities.
- Availability of financial resources for the organization.
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume by March 4, 2021, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405