Internship Climate Action Campaign Fellowship
Climate Action Campaign Fellowship
The Climate Action Campaign Fellowship is a paid intern program designed to immerse its participants in the environmental advocacy field. Assignments vary and are designed to both support the campaign with its mission to support action on climate change and assist the fellow with their professional growth. This non-exempt position allows interaction with all of the campaign’s departments providing a wide breadth of experiences. As an integral part of the team, fellows will experience how public support is generated for action on climate, and how that shape results on a national level. We have fellowships available in our Research and Government Affairs departments. Please indicate your department preference in your application. While CAC is based in Washington, D.C., we are currently working in a hybrid remote setting.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The Fellowship will train predominantly with the assigned team completing tasks including but not limited to:
- Assisting the team with organizational duties including but not limited to data and record management
- Assisting with Campaign-wide metrics and reporting
- Creating, editing, and distributing a variety of documents and reports for internal and external use
- Assisting various Departments during surge moments, including but not limited to reporting, writing, research, and data entry
- Attending internal meetings around CAC and community-wide climate advocacy efforts
- Providing logistics and meeting support as needed
- Completing other duties and tasks as they arise
- Managing grants and contracts
- Maintaining organizational operations in conjunction with the various teams
- Interacting with members of the coalition both in DC and in states directly on a regular basis to complete projects
Who We Are
The Climate Action Campaign (CAC) is a highly effective coalition of national climate, conservation, and progressive groups, state and local partners, and key allies working to protect clean air and promote action to limit climate change. The Campaign serves as an important center of gravity and convening body for dozens of organizations working together to win the passage of ambitious federal climate policy that is centered on investment, standards, jobs, health, and justice. The Climate Action Campaign is based in Washington D.C., not San Diego, California. Visit us online at: http://www.actonclimate.com
Who You Are
A successful candidate has the following:
- Ability to learn to successfully juggle multiple projects from various departments in a fast-paced, high-expectation campaign environment
- Collaborative approach and ability to work successfully individually and with diverse teams and individuals internally as well as with external partner organizations
- Experience with data entry and attention to detail (database management a plus)
- Light research and writing experience
- Excellent communicator and self-starter
- Experience in issue-organizing, advocacy or electoral campaigns is a plus, particularly within the environmental community
- Interest in environmental issues and the environmental community a plus
The Fine Print
This position is a member of their specified team though will work closely with several other departments.
The paid fellowship program lasts for 14-weeks, and fellows participate for 20 hours/week. The Partnership Project requests that you structure your hours to attend departmental meetings.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to economic and social justice and do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation or identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Women, people of color, LGBTQ people, and members of other historically disenfranchised populations are strongly encouraged to apply.