Full-Time Client Support & Program Systems Specialist
Application Deadline: December 31, 2019
Expected Start Date: January 2020
Overview: The Freshwater Trust (TFT), a nonprofit leader in watershed analysis, conservation program design and implementation, is seeking a Client Support & Program Systems Specialist with a background in software product and user support, and skills incorporating multiple client needs into an integrated suite of program management service offerings. The Client Support & Program Systems Specialist will directly support clients through program administration by contributing to the continued deployment and refinement of TFT’s program management and tracking tools. This full-time position will be based in Portland, OR and will work closely with other members of the Science and Analytics Team, who are based in TFT’s Boise, ID and Sacramento, CA offices.
The Specialist must be a self-starter who is able to work in a dynamic, innovative, and fast-paced environment that emphasizes quality, analytical rigor, and critical thinking. This role is ideal for individuals with excellent internal and external communication skills, experience delivering software solutions, experience working across multiple teams and projects, an interest in natural resource conservation, and a passion for using science and technology to drive environmental change. The position will focus on supporting new and existing clients by synthesizing feedback on program administration services, documenting product features and functionality requests, to further increase the value and utility for clients. The Client Support & Program Systems Specialist should have a basic understanding of environmental conservation practices, common technologies used for program management, and planning tools used in conservation, restoration or agricultural applications.
- Coordinate closely with TFT program managers to understand programmatic product needs.
- Ensure ongoing product improvement happens in a way that delivers needed outcomes for clients while also driving toward TFT’s integrated program systems vision.
- Coordinate closely with TFT’s sales team to help identify opportunities for the sale and use of TFT’s program management products & services within new and existing clients.
- Strengthen customer relationships over time, support customer use of products, guide user adoption, develop & conduct new user training, create internal & external support documentation, liaise regularly with clients to collect feedback, identify barriers to adoption, and guide improvements.
- Identify opportunities to field test program management tools in existing TFT projects.
- Manage and track product use, customer feedback, feature requests, and recommend product revisions.
- Assist with administrative project tasks such as sending meeting agendas and taking notes.
Minimum Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Analytics, Computer Science, Environmental Science, or related field; Advanced degree desirable but not required
- 3-5 years of relevant professional experience in software product support and/or development
- Experience/working knowledge of the product development process
- Technical competence and interest in continuous product improvement
- Experience coordinating with multiple internal & external contacts to advance project system implementation
- Experience or interest in environmental conservation
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in an open-office, team environment
- Problem-solving systems thinker who is excited to work on complex problems and find creative solutions that can work flexibly across multiple program types
- Desire to continuously learn and develop new skills
- Comfort with rapidly evolving client needs
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Generous benefits package, including health coverage, paid time off (PTO), and retirement contributions
How to ApplyApplication Instructions:
- Supply a Cover Letter, Resume and a list of three References into a single PDF not to exceed 5MB
- Submit required information and documentation at: https://app.smartsheet.com/b/form/33a44fa4e2554e81b5a415311bf33c26 or on our website: www.thereshwatertrust.org.