Full-Time China Sustainable Finance Campaigner
Who We Are:
Friends of the Earth (FoE) is a national not for profit environmental organization that strives for a healthier and more just world. We push for the reforms that are needed. Friends of the Earth is a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks sometimes uncomfortable truth to power. It’s an approach that has worked for five decades to produce important victories that help protect our planet and its people. We’re part of Friends of the Earth International, a federation of groups working in more than 70 countries on today’s most urgent environmental and social issues.
Friends of the Earth US’ Economic Policy Program works to create a more environmentally sustainable and socially just economy by transforming the rules, incentives, and practices of the financial, economic and political system.
What We Look For:
A creative, enthusiastic, outside of the box thinker who will help implement the China Sustainable Finance program. A proven collaborator with a passion to promote strong environmental and social policies and practices in the Chinese banking sector and help amplify the voices of local communities in ensuring Chinese green finance policies are effectively implemented. Are you a person who has a robust sensitivity and understanding of Chinese cultural and advocacy norms?
If so, this is the position for you. We want you to succeed and we want to pay you a competitive wage that is in line with your experience. The salary range for this full-time remote role is $61,000-$70,000. The candidate will preferably be located in the Washington, DC area or Berkeley, CA. Offers are determined based on relevant skills and experience required for the position.
What the Role Needs:
Dynamic Campaigner: Play a valuable role in the implementation of strategic campaign plans related to Chinese bank advocacy. Engage with banks, governments, companies, or other stakeholders in meetings, discussions or other forums to advocate for sustainable environmental, social and biodiversity policies and practices. Assist in the implementation of Friends of the Earth US’ China Sustainable Finance Program. Participate within international civil society coalitions.
Community Champion: Assist project-affected communities to amplify their voices in a respectful manner. Represent Friends of the Earth US before banks, policymakers, in media interviews and/or at events to support campaign objectives.
Strategic Research-Based Communicator: Conduct skilled research and analysis to develop reports and articles, factsheets, and other campaign materials to educate decision makers, allies, opinion leaders, the press and the public.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of experience and demonstrated success in international campaigning and/or policy advocacy, preferably in the realms of international development, biodiversity, energy, and/or climate change.
- A demonstrated commitment to the environment and social justice.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional ability to synthesize complex ideas into clear, simple, and compelling arguments.
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to build trust and consensus.
- Ability to balance and successfully complete a wide range of campaign activities including policy analysis, advocacy, organizing, public speaking, research, and communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well within diverse civil society coalitions.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and tasks at once.
- Collaboratively engage as part of a fast-moving and results-oriented team, work in coordination with a diverse group of civil society coalition partners from different backgrounds and countries, and adapt to quickly changing environments.
- Sophisticated public speaking skills and comfort with presenting complex material to a wide range of audiences, including the public, the press, businesses and/or government officials.
- Excellent decision-making, time management, and networking skills.
- Ability to conduct advocacy with flexibility and creativity.
- Strong written and verbal skills in Chinese (Mandarin).
Perks & Benefits:
We are a generous employer with benefits that will take care of you. In addition to a competitive salary, we provide:
- 37.5-hour work week
- 100% employer paid medical, dental and vision coverage (80% for eligible dependents)
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401(k) Matching effective Day 1 (3% match)
- Generous Leave (Vacation-minimum 2 weeks to start, 12 Holidays, Sick, Parental, Sabbatical and More)
- Education Reimbursement and Employee Assistance Program
Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer who encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
How to ApplyClick here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405