Full-Time Chief Program Officer
Position Description: This full-time position is responsible for providing assistance to the National Association of Conservation Districts’ (NACD) member conservation districts and NACD Board of Directors to advance conservation, resource development and to provide leadership in the implementation of the association’s soil and water conservation programs. The NACD Chief Program Officer serves as a key member of the executive management team. The position coordinates key stakeholder relationships through communications and government affairs and manages a federal grants and agreements portfolio in support of national conservation objectives and other duties as assigned.
- Collaborate with CEO and Executive Management Team to establish the association’s strategic program objectives.
- Routinely evaluate and assess the association’s needs and anticipate necessary shifts in programmatic needs.
- Cultivate new relationships and networks to broaden the awareness of the association’s programmatic activities.
- Provide leadership for program and external affairs activities of the association.
- Deliver periodic updates on program progress and successes in presentations, proposals and meetings.
- Contribute to achieving diversity, equity and inclusion for all activities.
- Provide staff support and coordination for grant and agreement activities including close collaboration with Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- Supervise, manage and coordinate staff work across programs team, including government affairs and communications, to achieve the association’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Develop grant proposals for opportunities in line with NACD and National Conservation Foundation missions and priorities.
- Create and support efforts to document and report the progress, successes and outcomes of projects, reporting to funders, donors and others on programmatic work.
- Provide guidance for all of the association’s programmatic areas to ensure grant and agreement deliverables are accomplished.
- Monitor and evaluate program activities on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the COO to budget and monitor programmatic operations to ensure sound fiscal management.
- Support with the budget development process for departments under the CPO’s supervision and maintain a high level of fiscal responsibility.
- Approve all reimbursements and related fiscal items associated to the success of the CPO’s direct staff reports.
Perform any and all related duties in coordination with CEO that advance NACD and NCF objectives.
- Minimum 10 years of experience and strong record of success in federal grants management, program management or related field.
- Strong public speaking experience, presentation and writing skills, attention to detail, ability to multi-task and consistently meet deadlines required.
- Familiar with federal and state soil and water conservation policies and programs as well as the diverse grant and agreement programs that assist in carrying out
- Ability to work with members, staff teams, contractors and other personnel who work across the S.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, advanced degree
- Moderate travel is
This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the NACD Chief Executive Officer.
How to ApplyInterested candidates please send resume, cover letter and two writing samples to NACD HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, September 15 with ‘Chief Program Officer’ in the subject line.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405