Full-Time Charitable Giving Manager
Reports To: Director of Advancement
Direct Reports: This position does manager others
Salary Range: $70,000-$85,000
Classification: Full Time, Salary Exempt
General Overview: The Climate Reality Project is seeking a passionate and experienced fundraiser to increase the Advancement Department’s fundraising efforts. The Charitable Giving Manager will be responsible for managing and expanding a portfolio of current and prospective major and mid-level donors ($2,500 – $50,000) and will participate in all aspect of the gift cycle on behalf of Climate Reality and its leadership. An ideal candidate will be passionate about climate action and able to work independently and collaboratively in a small fundraising team.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA.
Relocating to Washington, DC will be required when our Washington, DC office safely re-opens on September 7th, 2021.
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors, focusing on increasing revenue from 4-5 figure gifts.
- Responsible for formulating and implementing all aspects of the gift cycle: 1) Identify and qualify prospects to help build a more robust major gift donor pipeline; 2) develop personalized cultivation strategies and move potential donors in an appropriate and timely fashion toward solicitation; 3) solicit annual and major gifts; 4) thoughtfully steward and maintain contact with donors on behalf of Climate Reality.
- Identify strategic opportunities for portfolio growth, working both independently and with prospect research team to explore areas for expansion.
- Manage a portfolio of institutional donors and direct their strategic cultivation and stewardship; coordinate with Director of Advancement, Director of Evaluation, and program teams on timely letters of inquiry, grant proposals, grant reports, and other foundation communications; assist with grant writing where needed.
- Schedule and conduct meetings with current and prospective donors, as well as schedule and staff meetings with program staff, Director of Advancement, and President and CEO.
- Work with Advancement team members to identify opportunities for new major and mid-level gift prospects from database, and help develop and implement a mid-level giving program.
- Provide advice to management regarding active and prospective donors.
- Develop, manage and execute year-end direct mail appeal.
- Research prospects for engagement.
- Use Salesforce to track donors and prospects through the moves management cycle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Commitment to Climate Reality’s mission and values
- 4-5 years of fundraising experience for an allied cause with a proven track record of closing major gifts either independently or with a principal
- Experience communicating with and identifying strategies for cultivation of major donors
- A self-starter, and willing and able to work independently
- Excellent interpersonal skills related to donors, leadership, and Board of Directors
- Prior experience using Salesforce or CRM to track donor information
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience using research software and tools preferred
- Optimistic and positive attitude a must
- Ability to work long hours and weekends, travel semi-frequently and on short notice
- Ability to work in high-visibility and fast-paced environment
How to ApplySend a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405