Full-Time Certified Asbestos Worker
Certified Asbestos Worker
Lovett Deconstruction’s mission is to elevate and redefine the industry standard for building deconstruction with a dream team of committed professionals who are energized by service, passionate about teamwork, and committed to the cause of reuse and recycling. We are a company that values diversity and strives toward inclusion, equity, and community. Are you interested in becoming a part of our diverse and dynamic team?
We are currently hiring for a State of Oregon Certified Asbestos Worker to join our asbestos abatement team. This position requires that you hold a current Certified Worker card for asbestos abatement projects.
This role requires a self-starter, someone who is hard-working, attentive, and service-oriented. The responsibilities for this position range from rough and dirty, to careful and surgical. You would join our team of workers who remove asbestos from ceilings, walls, floors, etc. that are part of a larger deconstruction project.
● Must hold a current and valid card as a Certified Asbestos Worker for the State or Oregon.
● Ability to follow directions; read/speak and understand English. (Required)
● Access and ability to communicate via text, phone, and email.
● Uphold Lovett standards for service, quality, and safety by being professional, knowledgeable, and communicating clearly.
● Capable of lifting ~50lbs, repeatedly over the course of a day.
● Capable of handling power tools and hand tools.
● Capable of prying, pulling and twisting with wrists, arms, shoulders, and back.
● Capable of working in varying weather, wearing Tyvek for prolonged periods, and doing physically demanding tasks such as hauling and handling debris in dusty conditions.
● Ability to work for sustained periods of time using a respirator
● Experience in deconstruction or construction
● Must be team-oriented, with the ability to participate in job site safety meetings and daily stretches.
● Participate in Deconstruction of assemblies ranging from full houses to kitchens and shower surrounds with attention to required protection, detail, and salvage throughout.
● Strong interpersonal skills
● Acute awareness of cleanliness and process
● Commitment to company policy of 100% PPE on all job sites
What we offer
● Starting wage of $18-$22, DOE
● Structured training program and support
● Full medical, dental and vision benefits package
● 401K with Employer
● Short term disability insurance
● Monthly Massage benefit
● 6 paid holidays, 5 accrued vacation days, 5 accrued sick days