Full-Time Campaign Representative (Gulf Coast, Texas)
Context: Plans and implements campaigning strategies and activities of the Beyond Dirty Fuels campaign to challenge the oil and gas industry, specifically focused on fighting the expanding markets and infrastructure as a means to build a movement to keep fossil fuels in the ground, combat climate change, and support the U.S. transition to clean energy.
Scope: The Campaign Representative has overall program responsibility to challenge the rapidly expanding oil and gas industry and infrastructure in Texas and along the Gulf Coast.
They will collaborate with internal departments and programs, strategic external partners, and volunteer leadership to ensure execution of strategic coordinated community, state, and regional campaigns. They will ensure strategic alignment of campaigns with regional and national goals and objectives. They will represent the Sierra Club to government officials, the media, business and community leaders, allies and other organizations, and to the public.
- Within a collaborative framework and in consultation with key stakeholders, leads and facilitates the development and implementation of strategic campaign plans, goals and objectives for the Beyond Dirty Fuels campaign. Coordinates the campaign and appropriate national staff (including communications, digital, organizing, legal, advancement, federal policy and other staff), regional and Chapter staff, allies and volunteer entities to plan and implement campaigns to achieve results.
- In collaboration with the Sierra Club stakeholders listed above, engages key players in the fossil fuel and climate movements, elected and appointed decision makers and their influencers to assure advancement of Sierra Club’s priorities.
- Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates policies, initiatives and new developments around gas pipeline issues at the community, state and national levels.
- Supports and provides senior level professional expertise to staff and volunteers, and partners.
- Works to develop and ensure that volunteers assume meaningful roles in the campaign.
- Helps the Beyond Dirty Fuels and Our Wild America Campaigns embody a culture of justice, equity and inclusion by designing and implementing campaign plans and standard practices with these values at their core.
- In coordination with Communications Department, serves as Sierra Club spokesperson to media outlets and promotes media exposure for front-line communities and volunteers. Writes, edits, and reviews educational and advocacy materials.
- Represents the Sierra Club to the general public and to strategic allies.
- In coordination with Advancement Department, assists with donor communications, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Reports on progress toward established goals and the effectiveness of campaign strategies.
- Introduces creative ideas and approaches for consideration.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as directed.