Full-Time Campaign Representative – Beyond Dirty Fuels Campaign (Louisiana)
Location: Louisiana (New Orleans or Gulf Coast preferred)
Sierra Club’s Beyond Dirty Fuels Campaign is hiring! We are looking for an experienced campaigner to lead our work challenging the oil and fracked gas industry, specifically focused on fighting fossil fuel expansion on the Louisiana Gulf Coast. Working with partners and allies around the country, we are building a movement to keep fossil fuels in the ground, combat climate change, and protect communities from the impacts of fossil fuels. The Gulf Coast Campaign Representative will provide practiced leadership and strategic planning to challenge the rapidly expanding oil and gas pipeline infrastructure in the US and support the transition to clean energy, with a focus on the Gulf Coast.
Job activities include but are not limited to:
- Carries out and plans activities for the Beyond Dirty Fuels campaign. Participates in the development of a strategic campaign plan, goals and objectives including development and support of a strong, diverse grassroots network to achieve Beyond Dirty Fuels goals related to challenging the oil and gas industry and promoting clean energy. Coordinates the campaign and appropriate national staff (including communications, digital, organizing, legal, advancement, federal policy, and other staff), regional and Chapter staff, allies and volunteer entities to plan and implement campaigns to achieve results.
- In collaboration with the Sierra Club stakeholders listed above, engages key players in the climate justice movement and coalitions fighting oil and gas infrastructure expansion, elected and appointed decision makers and their influencers to assure advancement of Sierra Club’s priorities.
- Monitors, analyzes, and evaluates policies, initiatives and new developments around oil and gas infrastructure issues at the community, state and national levels.
- Collaborates with Campaign leadership to identify new threats and opportunities for the Beyond Dirty Fuels work. May provide professional expertise and training to support staff and volunteers.
- Works to ensure that volunteers assume meaningful roles in the campaign work.
- Helps the Beyond Dirty Fuels Campaign embody a culture of justice, equity and inclusion by designing and implementing campaign plans and standard practices with these values at their core.
- In coordination with the Advancement Department, assists with donor communications, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Reports on progress toward established goals and the effectiveness of campaign strategies. Introduces creative ideas and approaches for consideration.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- At least 3 years experience in the planning and implementation of campaigns, which includes strategy, organizing, media relations and contacts with political and business leaders.
- Demonstrated understanding of equity, justice, and inclusion, and ability to effectively work and collaborate across differences.
- Familiarity with and commitment to incorporating principles of equity, inclusion, and justice into campaign processes and outcomes. Understanding of how power, privilege, and oppression manifest at the individual, interpersonal, and team levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with volunteers and partners.
- Excellent demonstrated written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated public speaking and media presentation ability.
- Proficient knowledge of the oil and gas industry, its impacts on water, air, climate and communities, and the associated regulatory framework.
- Valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and proof of auto insurance required. A background check will be required upon acceptance of the position.
The strongest candidates will also demonstrate the following experience, skills and competencies:
- Experience working with coalitions and building relationships with partners, especially within the climate movement, is preferred
- Comfort using a variety of in person and online/virtual tools for team building and facilitation
- Spanish language skills and experience with language access and language justice.
How to ApplyPlease apply online via this link.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405