Full-Time Auditor/Inspector – Weatherization Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Program Manager, the Auditor/Inspector is responsible for implementing both field and office procedures for the utility funded HES-IE programs. This individual performs home audits according to current BPI standards, supervises, and inspects the installation of all required measures. S/he is responsible for the accurate data entry into the appropriate HES-IE and CRT databases and the collection of fees associated with services provided to customers. This individual is responsible for ensuring the overall satisfaction of the customer by fully implementing the Home Energy Solutions Field Manual and the DOE Weatherization Quality Control Inspection (QCI) requirements.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Assess and report all required energy related and non-energy related improvements based on advanced Building Sciences principles.
- Utilize required software to deliver timely work scopes and reports.
- Perform and report quality assurance inspections of work completed by DOE WAP/Home Energy Solution subcontractors in order to assure the work is correct, complete and of good quality.
- Collect and report comprehensive field data from energy assessments and enter into audit software.
- Perform and report advanced heating system diagnostic testing including combustion analyses, draft, and flue and ambient carbon monoxide levels.
- Perform and report advanced air leakage (using a blower door), duct leakage (using pressure pans) and attic and zonal pressure diagnostics (using a digital manometer).
- Record insulation levels in thermal boundaries of dwelling and U-and-R values of building materials.
- Conduct and record various general construction materials measurements (i.e., windows, siding, roofing, framing etc.).
- Assess and prepare report on duct system repair needs.
- Prepare/review materials and labor estimate, using approved computer software, based on on-site assessment and funding source requirements.
- Effectively learn and use a variety of software applications as introduced into business segment.
- Review for accuracy and thoroughness the formal work scopes prepared by others.
- Communicate clearly, professionally and courteously with customer to ensure understanding of the work performed and overall satisfaction with weatherization experience.
- Maintain required training and industry certifications/licensing necessary for professional credentialing.
- Adhere to safety policies outlined in Agency handbook and OSHA safety standards .
- Perform all other duties as needed or assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of building science, residential construction and best practices in weatherization protocols .
- Excellent applied knowledge of mathematics/calculations customary to building trades industry.
- Computer proficiency and ability to work with a variety of database and software platforms including the residential energy auditing software.
- Knowledge of residential heating and cooling system components.
- Knowledge of the air sealing, insulation methods, and Connecticut Weatherization procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to perform moderate weatherization work including but not limited to caulking, weather-stripping of doors and windows, installation of door sweeps, showerheads and aerators, assemble and install energy saving lamps and light bulbs, and the use of manual and power tools.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years of experience in weatherization assistance, related energy conservation/efficiency, and or construction and maintenance.
- Must have the following Certifications:
- OSHA-10 Certification, Confined Space Certification required.
- Building Performance Institute (BPI) Building Analyst and Envelope Certifications required.
- U.S. EPA Retrofit Repair and Painting (RRP) Certification required.
- U.S. DOE – Weatherization Assistance Program Lead Safe Weatherization (LSW) required.
- ASHRAE 62.2. BPI Multi-Family Certification preferred.
- Quality Control Inspector (QCI) preferred, or ability and willingness to obtain QCI as directed.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- MS Office and database proficiency.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and timely records.
- Valid driver license and personal vehicle.
Physical Ability: Tasks involve the regular and, at times, sustained performance of moderately physically demanding work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, climbing, entering confined spaces, and crawling, and that may involve the lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds); may occasionally involve heavier objects and materials (up to 100 pounds with assistance). Work environments will occasionally include uneven surfaces, dirty and dusty conditions and heights, such as may be accessible only by ladder or scaffolding.
Sensory Requirements: Some tasks require the ability to perceive and identify odors. Some tasks require the ability to perceive and determine depths. Most tasks require visual perception and determination.
Environmental Factors: Tasks are regularly performed with potential exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as strong odors, fumes, dusts, wetness, humidity, machinery, and toxic/poisonous agents.
- Group Health
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life/Disability/Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
- 401(k) with Safe Harbor matching
- Vacation/Sick/Personal Time
- 13 holidays per year!
- Mileage reimbursement
How to ApplyTo apply online go to the Careers section of CRT's website at www.crtct.org
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h05/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405