Full-Time Associate Engineer
Are you passionate about energy efficiency and seeking to make a difference in the built environment? At DMA Engineering, we are committed to environmental stewardship by providing creative and efficient solutions for residential and commercial buildings. We are a small firm with plans to grow in our three verticals of Energy Modeling, Design and Commissioning. Our projects vary from custom homes, new building net-zero design and commercial building retro-commissioning, to industrial heating & cooling for occupant comfort and processes. We utilize many different designs and design techniques. While we are fast-paced and work hard to ensure we deliver outstanding results for our clients, we also value our time to play in the outdoors and have structured our working hours and location to accommodate an active lifestyle.
If this sound like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for an Associate Engineer to join our team.
We are small group and the Associate Engineer (AE) will be a crucial part of our team. We are seeking candidates who share our passion for making the world a better place through more efficient building systems and processes. The AE will be invaluable in further developing and refining design standards and processes. If you’re the right person, you will be confident in your skills and knowledge, feel comfortable outside your comfort zone and be able to think through to a complete solution. You have a strong sense of curiosity and strive to continuously learn about new technologies and processes. You are a good communicator and can describe complex ideas in a layman’s terms. The right candidate will have an opportunity to grow and develop into a leadership position as we expand.
• Support the Principal Engineer on design and commissioning projects
• Research solutions and present the research back in a concise manner to the rest of the team
• Project Management
• Provide drawing QA/QC
• Redline clear and effective notes for support staff to incorporate
• Select equipment and create equipment schedules
• Develop and refine design standards and processes
Experience and Skill Requirements
• Work well in a team environment as well as demonstrated ability to work independently
• Obtained at a minimum EIT (FE) status; preferably, obtained a Professional Engineer (PE) license
• Above-average skills in AutoCAD
• REVIT skills at a level you feel confident that you will be able to single handedly setup and spearhead a full implementation
• Comprehensive understanding of design documents and ability to effectively communicate design changes to design team.
• Knowledgeable about current HVAC equipment technologies and understand current best industry design practices
Location and Hours
DMAs offices are located in beautiful Golden, Colorado. This is a full-time position. While there is some flexibility to work from home from time to time, the AE must be local (or willing to relocate) and work in the office the majority of the time. To accommodate our active outdoor lifestyle, we are open to flexible work schedules.
Compensation and Benefits
• $80,000 to $110,000 base salary, commensurate with experience
• Bonus program
• Health and Retirement benefits
• Professional development is encouraged and compensated
• Flexible work schedule
• Paid time off including 10 days’ vacation and 10 days company holidays, comp time with the ability to accrue 80 hours on the books.