Full-Time Associate, Decarbonizing Industrial Supply Chain Energy
The Role Associate
Location Washington, DC or Boulder / Denver, CO
The Renewable Energy Buyers Alliance (REBA) is an alliance of large clean energy buyers, developers, and service providers who, together with NGO partners, are unlocking the marketplace for all non-residential energy buyers to lead a rapid transition to a cleaner, prosperous, zero-carbon energy future. REBA’s vision is a resilient zero-carbon energy system where every organization has a viable, expedient, and cost-effective pathway to renewable energy.
More about REBA: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdp1DkG6Uow&t=11s
About the REBA Institute
The REBA Institute delivers transformational renewable energy research, thought leadership, and education to identify barriers, best practices, and solutions to today’s clean energy challenges.
The Associate will support a new and strategically important program, Decarbonizing Industrial Supply Chain Energy (DISC-e), which uses the collective power of large consumers to accelerate the market for low-carbon industrial commodities that use carbon-free energy. The DISC-e program uses two key strategies to effect change: establishing a clear demand-signal for low-carbon products and education to amplify awareness of the need and opportunity to decarbonize industrial commodities. This role will be supporting a small execution team developing and running the program in collaboration with a large set of multi-sector stakeholders. As such, this role will need to demonstrate executive-level coordination with strong written communication, be comfortable with the inherent ambiguity of creating a new program and be able to maintain a simultaneous focus on implementation tasks and the overall project objectives.
- Execute against an evolving workplan to facilitate decarbonization of one industrial supply chain, solar energy or building materials, while supporting other focus areas as needed
- Identify and engage with stakeholders that have an interest in the program’s outcomes, managing existing relationships and supporting amplification “campaigns” to expand the base of participants in the program
- Design and assist in facilitating innovative and impactful workshops, webinars, and meetings to gather stakeholder input and amplify related resources and initiatives
- Research (through interviews and article reviews) and develop written materials to support the program and inform a shared understanding among stakeholders
- Recognize opportunities and obstacles for the team based on understanding of broader initiative goals and strategic direction of multiple active workstreams
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree and 2 + years’ relevant experience or undergraduate degree and 5+ years’ relevant experience or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen actively and effectively, and present key points clearly and accurately, both verbally and in writing with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand complex problems and develop insightful analyses using basic quantitative and qualitative approaches
- Willingness to support new initiatives and the flexibility to easily adjust priorities when new information is presented
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, identify risks and challenges, and proactive seek support, if needed
- Ability to develop, maintain, and sustain relationships across a diverse set of stakeholders and manage multi-stakeholder settings
- Experience with multi-stakeholder consultation processes that seek to remove ambiguity within strategic, system-level challenges
- Experience in design, delivery, and execution of educational resources, tools and events, ideally related to procurement of renewable energy
- Knowledge of industrial decarbonization, renewable energy supply chains, steel and aluminum production, and/or emissions attributed to the built environment
REBA strives for pay equity, based on experience, qualifications, and performance. REBA’s Associate/Sr. Associate salary band is $68,000-$103,500 with a 5% bonus opportunity. We anticipate most candidates for this particular role to join REBA toward the beginning of the Associate range ($68,000 – $70,000) but more experienced professionals will be considered as well.
We offer competitive compensation plus a comprehensive benefits package that aims to develop a world class team by holistically supporting the individual. REBA believes that supporting all employees to have a full life, inside and outside of work, results in a team that feels personally engaged in REBA’s success.
- Quality Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance, with substantial employer subsidy
- 401(k), with employer match
- Life, AD&D, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Generous Parental Leave for both mothers and fathers to bond when new children enter a family
- Wellness Benefits
- Casual Work Environment
- Highly Flexible PTO
- Earned sabbatical policy
Our Commitment to Diversity
Achieving REBA’s vision of a resilient, zero-carbon energy system requires creative problem-solving and a wide range of perspectives; REBA knows that diversity not only makes our organization stronger, but also is foundational to our mission success.
REBA is committed to creating and maintaining a workplace in which all employees have an opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business and are valued for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in company policy and the way we do business at REBA and is an important principle of sound business management.
Inclusion goes beyond diversity. All REBA staff shall be committed to accepting and encouraging different perspectives. Creative solutions to tough problems is fostered by respectful challenging of one another’s thoughts and assumptions. REBA will strive for inclusion also by being open to a variety of cultural practices and norms. We will strive to ever increase our understanding and unveil our unconscious biases.
REBA provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, gender expression, results of genetic testing, caregiver status, and past, present or prospective service in the military in addition to any other protected categories required by state, federal or local regulations. Equal employment opportunity, applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hiring, placement, discipline, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, benefits and training.