Full-Time Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director of Sustainability
The Assistant Vice Chancellor and Director of Sustainability leads the planning and implementation of policies, programs, and processes to fulfill UIC’s Climate Commitments and execute the Climate Action Implementation Plan (CAIP). Advises campus leadership on how the university can monitor performance towards achieving its sustainability goals and develops programs and projects across its core functions of operations, teaching, and research to maximize its Return-on-Investment. Manages and builds collaboration among various campus groups in order to pursue sustainability-related objectives and reduce duplication of efforts. Directs the Sustainability Team within Planning, Sustainability and Project Management (PSPM) and all its programs, initiatives and reporting requirements. Utilizes systems thinking, plan development, facilitates business process improvement, seeks funding through innovative sources, communicates about sustainability, evaluates projects, measures and reports, and builds external partnerships. Manages the university’s Sustainability Fee fund and monitors student projects.
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience:
Master’s degree in a related field required. Degree, minor, certificate or research focus on sustainability preferred.
At least eight (8) years full-time experience with at least five (5) years in sustainability, energy or environmental management, or public policy required.
Experience with either environmental science, energy, health policy, sustainability, strategic and climate action planning, and environmental justice required. Familiar with institutional change management and best practices of sustainability in higher education preferred.
Five (5) years managing a sustainability program in a college, university or large institution is preferred.
Familiarity with sustainability science, systems thinking, grant writing, development preferred.
Experience performing cost-benefit analysis of projects preferred.
Well-honed group facilitation, consensus building, written and verbal communication, and presentations skills required.
Ability to translate strategy into action, communicate at all levels of the organization, create partnerships, articulate goals within institutional and unit missions required.
Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint required.
How to Apply
- For complete details and application requirements, please click here. Application deadline: 5/25/2022
- The University of Illinois at Chicago is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, protected veteran status, or status as an individual with a disability.
- Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees. The University of Illinois will conduct background checks and other pre-employment assessments on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer of employment. Background checks will be performed in compliance with state and federal law.
- As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
- The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899
- University of Illinois faculty, staff and students are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. If you are not able to receive the vaccine for medical or religious reasons, you may seek approval for an exemption in accordance with applicable University processes.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405