Full-Time Assistant to Executive Director
Position Summary: One Earth seeks a talented, detail-oriented, and flexible Assistant to the Executive Director (AED), who will play a critical role in advancing the ED’s day-to-day work. Responsibilities will include providing support in the areas of task/project and calendar management, drafting and monitoring correspondence, making travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, and managing special events logistics. They will gain broad knowledge of organizational programs, systems, policies, procedures, and norms, and implement tools and practices to improve efficiency.
- Oversight of ED’s complex task/project management, scheduling, calendaring, and travel
- Manages up on project deadlines, as well as internal and external incoming requests
- Support strategy execution by creating agendas, materials, and logistics for leadership meetings and cross-functional projects and be responsible for flagging projects or goals requiring resources and attention
- Communicate to staff and external stakeholders as dictated to on behalf of the ED
- Identifies, develops, and implements continuous process improvements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the ED
- Monitor, and report on key metrics relating to the work of the ED and the leadership team
Experience, Knowledge, and Skills:
- Substantial experience excelling in roles relevant to this position
- Model reliability, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Superb written and oral communication skills including the ability to collect, review, analyze, synthesize, and present information
- Skill at composing correspondence in the “voice” of the ED
- Experience and trustworthiness in handling confidential or sensitive information appropriately
- Significant experience working independently, without close supervision, and related experience working with and supporting remote teams
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Keynote, Slack, Zoom or other virtual meeting platforms, and Coda.io or other project management software a plus
- Mission-driven professionalism, adaptability, and flexibility
- Excellent fit with One Earth’s mission, ethos, and approach, including shared team values of being collaborative, curious, respectful, equitable, and relevant
- Demonstrated cultural awareness and sensitivity to the diversity of values, views, and approaches to issues relevant to One Earth allies and partners everywhere
- Exemplary interpersonal skills, very collegial and kind demeanor, and ability to build relationships and communicate effectively and professionally with diverse colleagues and partners
- Ability to take creative initiative and contribute ideas for enhancing impact
- Integrity and flexibility are of the utmost priority
One Earth is committed to creating an inclusive environment, including providing reasonable accommodations to allow all employees to thrive in their roles.
Extensive use of computers and cellphones.
How to ApplyClick here and upload *Cover Letter*, *Resume/CV*, and a brief *Writing Sample* as a single PDF, using the following format for the file name: "Your Name_Job Title.pdf"
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405