Full-Time Assistant Farm Manager
Oz Farm is an organic farm, off-grid community, educational non-profit, and retreat center which has operated for over 25 years in Mendocino County, Ca. We grow food and flowers, provide education in sustainable agriculture for beginning farmers, expand local organic food access, and host retreats and weddings. www.ozfarm.com
We are seeking a full time Assistant Farm Manager for our 6 acre diverse organic vegetable farm and apple orchard. We are looking for a skilled, collaborative individual with passion for both the practice of organic farming and communal living. The ideal candidate is inspired by sustainability, growing food, caring for land, plants, and people, educating young farmers, as well as highly motivated to join a dynamic community and engage in meaningful work. We are looking for an enthusiastic, and talented leader ready to dive in and help implement our vision for a better world here at Oz Farm.
The Assistant Farm Manager focuses on the daily tasks of operating the farm and managing the farm crew. The Assistant Farm Manager engages all steps of food production, from seed to sale, and assists the Farm Manager in implementing our educational Apprenticeship Program and non-profit food donation program. The Assistant Farm Manager lives on the farm and is involved in ensuring a supportive community for apprentices and staff.
Experience, Qualifications, and Skills
- At least three years of experience in organic diverse vegetable and flower production on a commercial farm scale
- Familiarity with basic organic farming principles around soil health, fertility management, plant propagation and crop care.
- Competent working with farm infrastructure and equipment such as irrigation systems, fencing, greenhouses, tractors, etc
- Skilled in managing a small crew in daily field work operations.
- Proficient in organizing, prioritizing and record keeping on a wide range of farm tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills and enthusiasm towards communal living
Compensation of this position is commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- On-site private cabin with access to a full kitchen and full utilities including internet.
- Bulk staple foods and all produce from farm
- 4 weeks paid vacation during winter, 5 days paid vacation during growing season, 6 hours paid sick leave.
- Opportunities for professional development through participation in Oz Farm courses and events
How to Apply
- Email a resume, cover letter and references to James Gallager at email@example.com
- For questions, email or call 707 882 3046 extension 2
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405