Full-Time Analyst, Grasslands Program
Analyst, Grasslands Program
Location: Montana, US (remote)
Applications accepted until Friday, April 29, 2022 and expected start date is June 6, 2022.
Since 2000, Native has worked with clients to develop authentic solutions to their sustainability challenges and to implement community-scale projects that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, strengthen clients’ businesses, and contribute to progress on climate change around the world.
We construct unique project portfolios to meet climate goals, drive business value, and deliver tangible benefits to stakeholder communities – from customers and suppliers to employees and shareholders. Our methods enable companies to put their sustainability strategies into practice by investing in new climate action projects within their value chain.
Native’s team of strategists, project developers, environmental scientists, and legal counsel are devoted to strengthening the people, companies, and places at the heart of these initiatives, and we are seeking an Analyst for Native’s Northern Great Plains Grasslands Program to join our team.
This position supports Native’s grasslands programs, with a focus on the Northern Great Plains Improved Grazing Carbon Project, to develop, maintain, and manage grazing plans, maps, reports, and other key project data. The position will engage directly with ranchers in the Northern Great Plains to collect and manage reporting data required for third-party certification and overall performance, support and facilitate access to improved ranch management resources, and oversee adherence to program objectives on participating ranches. This role will engage with participants in all phases of the program, from newly engaged ranchers beginning their grazing plans to those who have been involved for multiple years.
The position requires an understanding of livestock and ranch management, the ability to work cohesively with livestock managers, the skillset to take ranch management data and accurately integrate it into a single standardized format, and the communication necessary to engage multiple stakeholders at various stages of the program.
What you’ll accomplish:
- Supporting ranchers and the project partners to develop and manage improved grazing plans, including digital documentation
- Supporting Native’s process for recruiting and engaging project participants and on-going relationship management with ranchers
- Grazing report transcription and updating of current grazing records
- Reconciling grazing reports into templates needed to assess grazing practice success each grazing season
- Aligning grazing reports names and acres with maps, land ownership representation, and developments (existing and planned)
- Creating ranch/grazing data reporting and management efficiencies
- Developing additional templates and processes to improve accuracy of ranch/grazing data reporting
- Continued project monitoring for successes and improvements
- Foster and expand a positive and productive relationship with the project partners, including the primary partner Western Sustainability Exchange
- Identifying and supporting ongoing training opportunities with participant ranchers
What you bring:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ranching/livestock experience
- Experience with GIS/mapping
- Strong organizational skills
- Interest in seeking efficiencies
- A proactive commitment to problem solving, taking initiative, and curiosity
- An exacting attention to detail
- Ability to work productively both in a team and autonomously
- A process-oriented mindset, comfortable self-organizing to set and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Certified training in Holistic Management, Savory, Low Stress Livestock handling, Ranching for Profit, or other improved ranch management schools
- A high degree of emotional intelligence
- Open to ongoing learning opportunities and skills training
- GIS proficiency
- Data management and integration experience
Native believes an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, engaged team are key to providing excellent stakeholder experiences. We’re searching for teammates who can enhance our culture and make our business better, and we strive to provide all applicants with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Native provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Native complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
How to ApplyClick here to apply
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405