Full-Time Alliance Center Coordinator
Alliance Center Coordinator
The Alliance Center envisions a sustainable and equitable future in which all communities thrive, democracy is strong, the economy works for everyone and the planet is healthy. To realize this vision, The Alliance Center demonstrates sustainability in action and mobilizes change agents to accelerate solutions. Visit (www.thealliancecenter.org) to learn more.
The Alliance Center has three main strategies to advance our mission and vision:
- Grow the capacity of change agents advancing critical sustainability solutions through the Nonprofit Center.
- Mobilize our network of change agents to combat climate change and accelerate the transformation to an equitable and regenerative society through the Regenerative Recovery Coalition.
- Pilot innovative solutions to sustainability and health challenges utilizing our building as a demonstration site through the Living Lab program.
Overview of the Position:
The Alliance Center Coordinator is responsible for setting an individual’s first impression of The Alliance Center, our LEED Platinum coworking and event space, and for representing The Alliance Center’s unique culture of connection, caring and impact. This position is the face of our community and is responsible for giving visitors a positive experience by assisting with way-finding and informing them of The Alliance Center’s mission and purpose.
The position also provides critical operational support for all of The Alliance Center’s key building operational systems. The Alliance Center Coordinator’s attention to detail, hands-on troubleshooting, and behind the scenes support helps to ensure The Alliance Center’s spaces and services operate reliably and efficiently for its customers.
This position also provides key backend administrative support for our entire organization that enables greater organizational impact through increased operational efficiencies. This is a critical position and we are looking for a unique person to join our team who enjoys engaging people as well as doing detail-oriented work and making processes more efficient.
Responsibilities and Activities:
Front Desk Responsibilities (50%)
- Opens and closes The Alliance Center daily. Verifies systems are operating without issues, spaces are clean and there are no timely, unresolved customer requests.
- Accountable for providing a professional and welcoming visitor experience by staffing The Alliance Center’s information desk and serving as the primary customer facing team member during business hours. Provides exceptional customer service while ensuring all visitors feel welcome and can get where they need to go quickly in accordance with The Alliance Center’s visitor policy.
- Orients new coworking space members and event space users.
- Answers phone line and responds to general email inquiries, including event inquiries.
- Manages mail and package collection, notification and distribution. Includes signing for, organizing and notifying community of packages and mail delivered to the front desk.
- Owns the appearance of the information desk, kitchen, Hub café, hard to recycle station, kitchenette, and other high traffic areas, ensuring spaces are tidy and represent our customers in the best manner possible.
- Addresses timely customer needs including, but not limited to, conference room and event space AV troubleshooting and tech support, printer troubleshooting, parking lot questions, and meeting room scheduling conflicts.
- Oversees building user related communications mediums to ensure they are up to date and any messages are sent in a timely and engaging manner.
Building Operational Support Responsibilities (25%)
- Supports with managing and resolving customer work orders. Includes vendor coordination and oversight to ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Support in onboarding new tenants as well as offboarding departing tenants. Includes preparing key cards and updating tenant records.
- Supports in maintaining tenant records including space agreements, insurance records, key card and phone records, and tenant contact info.
- Accountable for updating building systems and vendors as required to accommodate events, holidays and other special circumstances. Includes managing HVAC and security schedules as well as coordinating schedules with janitorial and cafe vendors.
- Supports facility and system maintenance activities. Includes items such as tracking and overseeing regular, preventative maintenance activities such as routine building cleanings as well as supporting with building certification submissions and renewals.
- Maintains key building system records such as emergency preparedness systems and related documents.
- Supports larger event flips as needed by moving furniture and testing AV equipment.
Full Staff Administrative Support Responsibilities (15%)
- Provides full organizational administrative support. Includes items such as office supply management, staff recognition, full staff meeting logistics and external thank you cards.
- Supports database data integrity through routine, proactive data cleanup.
- Supports in maintaining an organized, efficient shared file storage system.
- Supports bi-monthly board meeting document preparation and notetaking,
- Supports hiring process by managing job postings, external candidate communications as well as internal hiring team communications and scheduling.
- Assists with special departmental projects. This is an ongoing need with expectation of always supporting at least one project at a given time. Examples include drafting building policies or preparing profiles for prospective board members
Accounting Support Responsibilities (10%)
- Supports with customer invoicing and collections
- Collects payments and prepares weekly bank deposits
- Codes and enters Accounts Payable invoices
- Reconciles monthly expense reports to corporate credit card statements
- Performs account reconciliations
- Gathers and maintains vendor information and assists with preparation of 1099s.
- Enjoys connecting with diverse groups of people and providing exceptional customer service. Excellent people skills including the ability to easily build rapport with others.
- Passionate about sustainability and equity issues. Keeping up to date and engaging our community on sustainability trends and more equitable solutions excites you.
- Tech savvy and confident learning and using new technology systems.
- Calm under pressure and a problem solver.
- Ability to function efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You are able to professionally handle frequent interruptions
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and work independently and manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written.
- Database experience, particularly with Salesforce, is highly preferred.
- Proficiency in Excel and Google Apps and familiarity with other cloud services.
- Bookkeeping experience including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable and account reconciliations
- Experience w/ Quickbooks or other accounting software platforms a plus
Reports to Whom: Director of Tenant Services
Classification, Compensation, Schedule, Position Conditions & Benefits:
This is a full-time, hourly, non-exempt, permanent position.
The wage is between $18 and $21 dollars per hour, dependent on qualifications.
- This position staffs the welcome desk and therefore the overwhelming majority of the work hours are performed at the building and occur during the building’s operating hours, 8:30am to 5:00pm. Position works no fewer than four days in the office.
- The Alliance Center is committed to sustainable workloads and will work diligently to ensure work weeks do not become excessive or require prolonged periods that significantly exceed 40 hours per week.
- This position requires reasonable transportation and will require lifting up to 25 lbs with reasonable accommodation if needed.
- This position qualifies for the following benefits.
- Simple IRA with 3% match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- 15 vacation days
- Sick Pay (maximum of 10 days per year)
- 14 paid holidays including week between Christmas and New Years
- Transit reimbursements
- Paid Parental Leave (twelve weeks, available after twelve months employment)
The Alliance Center strives to build a diverse and inclusive organization. We encourage applicants from all backgrounds to apply to join our team and help grow a more inclusive sustainability movement that truly serves all people.
The Alliance Center provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or genetics.