Full-Time Agriculture Coordinator
Preferred by Nature is a non-profit organisation that works for sustainable land use and climate-friendly solutions. With 260+ staff around the world, our activities build capacity, raise awareness, conserve nature, and streamline sustainability through innovation.
Preferred by Nature is seeking a Coordinator, Agriculture to be based on the east coast. Preference will be given to candidates that are based in the Northeastern, United States.
The overall function of this position is to uphold Preferred by Nature’s mission to support better land management and business practices that benefit people, nature, and the climate, and contribute to identifying, pursuing, and implementing opportunities where Preferred by Nature can have a positive influence in line with our mission.
The coordinator role supports the successful operation and development of agricultural certification services in the United States and Canada. This position manages the certification process for clients, which includes conducting audits against Preferred by Nature’s approved agriculture certification standards and assists in the overall growth and development of these services. This could include facilitating training events, attending tradeshows, and soliciting new clients.
This position is multi-faceted and includes the tasks below:
- Manage the execution of Chain of Custody (CoC) audits to include budgeting, service contracts, team identification, logistical planning, support to consultants, report review, liaison with clients and finalize reports for approval.
- Develop and implement annual audit schedules and ensure timely and efficient completion of annual audits.
- Act as auditor on selected assessments and audits.
- Ensure efficiency, quality control and adherence to technical and administration certification protocols for all jobs directly under his/her responsibilities.
- Coordinate with consultants on agreement scope of work and subsequent deliverables.
- Provide customer service to current and potential clients to include, but is not limited to, providing information about certification, guidance on interpretation of certification standards and trademark use.
- Develop strong expertise in Preferred by Nature, Rainforest Alliance, RSPO, and other certification policies and protocols.
- Act as primary point of contact in client correspondence and responding to inquiries.
- Provide monthly expense and progress reports to line manager.
- Provide input for policy development and technical improvements to the certification system.
- Manage and maintain technical and administrative databases (e.g., Salesforce, other Preferred by Nature databases services).
- Monitor and maintain the status of the certificate client portfolio (activations, suspensions, terminations, changes in scope, updating customer data, etc.).
- Assist in technical discussions with scheme owners and relevant stakeholders (Rainforest Alliance, RSPO, SRP, etc.).
- Assist in assessing risk and applying risk management.
- Other related assignments as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required, concentration in Agriculture, Ecology, Biology, Conservation, or related field preferred.
- Experience auditing agricultural, social, and/or management certification schemes (RA, RSPO, UEBT, SRP, Global GAP, Café Practices, or similar) preferred.
- 3 years’ experience working in/with supply chains related to palm oil preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years previous work experience.
- Strong word processing, databases, spreadsheets, and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage competing priorities while working both independently and as part of a team.
- Accountability for individual and team actions and goals.
- Initiative: recognize and create opportunities and act accordingly with a results-oriented mindset, take direct action to attain or exceed objectives.
- Adaptability: remaining flexible and functional during in changing circumstances.
- Planning and organizing ability to determine goals and priorities and assess actions, times and resources needed to achieve those goals.
- Strong attention to detail: ability to process detailed information effectively and consistently.
- Learning ability: ability to absorb new information readily and to put it into practice effectively.
- Strong customer service skills/orientation: ability and willingness to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organization’s costs and benefits into account.
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time (Please note: travel will be limited through the end of 2022).
- Knowledge of Rainforest Alliance certification, RSPO certification, or similar a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English required, Spanish skills a plus.
- Dual work eligibility (US and Canada) a plus.
- You are a service minded, open and friendly person, who likes – and is good at – communicating with people on all levels.
- You are well organised and able to maintain structure in your work.
- You have good planning and time management skills and an analytical approach.
- You are proactive and can think one step ahead.
- Paying attention to details comes naturally to you – and you excel at it!
- You are a robust person, who have demonstrated that you can juggle multiple tasks.
- You are a constructive team-player and have an open attitude towards other cultures, as we collaborate across borders in our organisation.
- You believe in Preferred by Nature’s vision and mission and want to contribute to fulfilling it.
- Work time: 35 hours/week (full-time)
- The position reports to our Manager, Agriculture
- Working location: Northeast/east coast (home-based, remote office)
- Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Expected starting date: as soon as possible
- Competitive benefits and leave-time package
- An exciting and challenging position within a dynamic and innovative international organisation with a mission-driven work atmosphere
- A friendly, international team of colleagues, with a pleasant work environment
- Excellent opportunities for growth and professional development
- All employees are members of the organisation and have the opportunity to contribute to the overall development of Preferred by Nature through the annual General Assembly
- International training in certification services provided by Preferred by Nature
- Potential international travel opportunities.
How to Apply
- Please submit your CV and letter of application (in English), including salary expectations, by October 15, via the Preferred by Nature website: www.preferredbynature.org
- Please note: Only applicants legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered.
- We will conduct interviews on an ongoing basis until we have identified the right candidate, so send us your application as soon as possible.
- Preferred by Nature wishes our staff to reflect the diversity of society and thus welcomes applications from all qualified candidates regardless of personal background.
- For questions, please contact: Porter Friedman - email@example.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405