Full-Time Advocacy Coordinator
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF ADVOCACY
The Advocacy Coordinator is responsible for engaging a wide range of stakeholders in the organization’s legislative policy and outreach initiatives aimed at achieving its mission.
- Develop and implement strategies to organize supporters and partners to work toward Save The Bay’s strategic objectives, including defending the Bay from pollution and other threats, climate adaptation, Bay-friendly environmental policies, and strengthening the organization’s relationships with diverse communities;
- Represent Save The Bay on policy matters in the State House and before city and town councils;
- Develop campaign plans, and turn goals and strategies into tactics, timelines and metrics;
- Track programs’ progress to goals, produce reports and highlights and adjust plans as necessary;
- Mobilize the Bay community to participate in the public process of environmental decision-making;
- Strengthen Save The Bay’s grassroots capacity by educating and engaging Bay community members about environmental issues, and connecting them directly to decision-makers at the local, state and federal level;
- Represent Save The Bay in coalitions, task forces and other forums;
- Communicate Save The Bay positions on major issues to a broad range of constituencies;
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Manager and Communications Director to ensure Save The Bay’s message reaches the Bay community and public officials in an efficient, strategic and effective way;
- Collaborate with Save The Bay’s Education Department to development and implement programs that inspire youth to engage in environmental advocacy;
- Develop and execute outreach and voter mobilization plans;
- Develop strategic partnerships with key community-based organizations working in diverse communities around Narragansett Bay;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Previous experience as an advocacy organizer or campaign field organizer.
- Proficiency or fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese language is desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and skills.
- Energetic, positive, team-oriented attitude.
- Strong speaking, listening and writing skills.
- Ability to work well and thrive in high-pressure situations, such as legislative hearings.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage many complex projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to use information technology to organize and mobilize people, activities and events.
- Flexibility to work on some nights and weekends.
SALARY & BENEFITS: The Advocacy Coordinator is a full-time, salaried position with flexible hours, competitive pay and comprehensive benefits package.