Full-Time Advancement Operations Associate
Advancement Operations Associate
The Climate Reality Project
Reports To: Director of Advancement
Direct Reports: None
The Climate Reality Project, a nonprofit organization founded by former Vice President Al Gore, is offering a full-time, salary non-exempt position to work with the Advancement Department.
Our Washington, DC office is presently closed due to the COVID-19 health emergency. Therefore, we will accept remote applicants who work/reside in the following states: CA, CO, DC, FL, IL, MA, MD, ME, NC, NY, OR, PA, TN, and VA. Relocating to Washington, DC will be required when our Washington, DC office safely re-opens post-pandemic (exact timing TBD).
Successful applicants must be at least 18 years of age and will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the United States.
General Overview: The Advancement Operations Associate is responsible for general administrative and database support for the Advancement department and the office of the President and CEO as it relates to all Advancement and fundraising activity.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Process all incoming gifts and prepare accurate acknowledgement letters.
- Prepare written materials for meetings and events for the Chairman, President and CEO, and senior staff, including call sheets, research and vetting reports, and briefings.
- Maintains donor database and ensure accurate record retention of donor-related documentation, including up to date and consistent management of the moves management and prospect pipeline.
- Prepare grant memos, manage grant reporting calendar, deliverables, and shared folders with relevant departments.
- Assist Director of Evaluation with grant proposals and reports and prepare grant applications and writing LOIs.
- Manage and execute all stewardship of current donors.
- Assist team with prospect identification research, organizing and maintaining accurate and up to date research on current donors and newly identified prospects and foundations.
- Act as key liaison between the Finance and Advancement departments, including but not limited to: prepare monthly and quarterly contribution reconciliations; manage the department budget; and assist where necessary during the annual audit review.
- Process team invoices.
- Maintain Advancement team meeting schedules as well as prepare agendas and meeting notes.
- Maintain all files, records, and lists for the department, including but not limited to: the team calendar; grant reporting calendar; major donor and foundation prospect research; subscription lists; contribution trackers; and communication and task logging in Salesforce.
- Assist with mailings, including complex mail merges, and annual year-end direct mail appeal.
- Manage fundraising event logistics.
- Answer general donor inquiries, as well as assist with coordination of chapter fundraising.
- General administrative and clerical duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 year of fundraising or development experience.
- Commitment to solving the climate crisis.
- Salesforce or CRM experience required.
- Highly detailed-oriented and organized.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience using prospect research software and tools a plus.
- Proven critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, and willingness to self-start.
- Demonstrated good judgment and discretion.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- High proficiency in MS Office applications, especially MS Word and Excel.
- Mac experience preferred.
The Climate Reality Project is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or any other category prohibited by local, state or federal law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, social and recreational activities and termination.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent benefits, including medical, dental, 401K, etc.
$50,000 – $60,000 annual salary
PREFERRED START DATE:
July 1, 2021
How to ApplySend a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405