Full-Time Administrative Coordinator
The California Association of Resource Conservation Districts (CARCD) is a 501c3 non-profit organization serving the 95 Resource Conservation Districts (RCDs) throughout the State. Our organization works as a hub to strengthen and support a powerful statewide network of local RCDs, so they can assist communities across California in caring for our land, water, soil, air, and other natural resources. CARCD and the RCDs offer effective, locally-governed, non-regulatory ways to meet our communities’ natural resource needs and challenges, at any
scale from local to statewide.
The Administrative Coordinator works closely with CARCD’s Management Team to achieve goals related to general operations, grants negotiations, planning and budgeting, calendaring, support of the board of directors, strategic planning, contracting and compliance. Working under the Finance and Administrative Manager, the successful candidate’s primary job will be to help ensure that CARCD’s internal controls are adequate, appropriate and in compliance. In addition, the successful candidate will be asked to assist the Executive Director and Deputy Executive Director to plan travel, plan and help run our annual conference and help manage our time so we are responsive to our board, membership, and many partners. As a result, the successful candidate must communicate and coordinate well with a diverse set of staff, directors, RCD’s and partners, multi-task and prioritize. The position reports directly to the Finance and Administrative Manager and Deputy Executive Director. The position is an “at will”, full time benefited position.
● Business Operations:
o Assists the Executive Director in calendaring, organization, and responding to members.
o With the Finance and Administrative Manager and contracted HR firm, maintains human resources files for CARCD employees and helps track required trainings to ensure compliance with California labor laws.
o Works to continually improve support and coordination across all projects/programs to increase efficiency.
o Identifies and executes process and system improvements.
o Works with the management team on revenue strategies and projections.
● Board of Directors Support:
o Assists the Executive Director and Board of Directors in planning quarterly board meetings, monthly Executive committee meetings, Revolving Loan Fund committee meetings.
o Prepares meeting minutes, financial reports and other meeting support as needed.
o Provides staff support to board members as needed.
● Planning and Budgeting
o Works closely with Executive Director, Finance and Administrative Manager, Board Treasurer and Finance Committee to:
▪ Develop annual budget and assist with budget adjustments
▪ Manage and track incoming revenue from private or government grants; and contracts
▪ Track cost- sharing requirements, review timecards, bank statements, invoices, and expense reports
▪ Support outside financial firms in annual audit, review of financial statements and tax filings.
o Works with Executive Director and Legal Counsel to:
▪ Ensure that program files are managed appropriately
▪ Ensure grant compliance according to government regulations and grant agreements
● Perform additional services and other related duties as directed by the Executive Director or other members of the Management Team.
Desired Education and/or Experience:
● Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university in business and accounting, public policy, natural resources, or related field.
● Two to three years related work experience including experience with or for non-profits and/or government agencies.
● Experience with standard accounting software and grant related accounting principles.
● $22-$25/hour based on experience, 32-40 hours a week (flexible).
● This is a full time permanent position, and includes health insurance benefits and paid holidays, vacation and sick time, 401(k) retirement plan.
● The position is remote, but may require periodic travel to Sacramento and other regions of California as needed.
CARCD is committed to building an amazing and diverse team! If you do not meet the above qualifications but believe you are well suited to this position, we encourage you to apply and include your reasoning in the cover letter.