Full-Time Administrative Associate
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSOCIATE, NONPROFIT MANAGEMENT
Get in on the ground floor of a growing project to secure a future free of fossil fuels by halting the rapid growth of the “natural” (methane) gas system. Gas Leaks aims to educate the public about the climate, health, and safety impacts of “natural” gas and hold the industry accountable for misinformation. To meet this moment and fill a gap within the climate fight, Gas Leaks is hiring an Administrative Associate to join the team. The ideal candidates won’t be afraid to jump into our fast-moving, creative campaigns and bring your attention to detail and organizational skills to a start-up organization.
About the Position
The successful candidate will work directly with the Executive Director, assisting with administrative duties and organizational management. In a small growing team, you will have access to all staff and occasional opportunities to contribute to projects involving campaigns and grant writing. This position is ideal for early-career candidates interested in learning all aspects of managing a nonprofit, communications campaign. This position reports to the Executive Director.
- Provide administrative support to Gas Leaks’ Executive Director, including scheduling meetings, organizational and expense reporting and tracking, vendor contracts and facilitating payments.
- Support communications and campaigns; participate in weekly meetings with the team, take notes and support follow up tasks.
- Provide support, review and tracking of organizational and fundraising budgets.
- Provide support and organization to Steering Committee meetings to coordinate meetings, draft agendas, create meeting notes, organize onsite and virtual meetings, and manage logistics.
- Participate in fundraising research and solicitation of new funding opportunities and support donor communications with regular updates.
- Assist in the development and updating of tracking systems/analytics for campaigns and communications products.
- Develop and keep updated organizational documents using Google.
- Arrange travel, event or off-site logistics including but not limited to event registration, payments, reporting, etc. (Possible travel anticipated 1-2 times a year.)
- Develop, edit and proofread documents, reports, and powerpoint presentations.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional organizational/administrative experience
- Proficient with Microsoft suite (word, excel, powerpoint) and Google docs
- Experience writing and editing documents
- Experience with budget tracking and reporting using excel and/or Google sheets
- Experience with researching projects with a deadline
- Highly organized – you effectively manage and confirm deliverables, tasks and deadlines
- Keen attention to detail – you have a place for everything, and like to proactively create structure and systems…you are a fan of color coded folders
- Solutions-oriented – you create openings and opportunity, not challenges or roadblocks
- Solid work ethic and good humor – you want to have fun while being impactful
- Self starter – sees opportunities and able to execute – comfortable in a remote office
- Knowledge of project management tools like Airtable, Hubspot and Slack.
- Interest in nonprofit management and organization and a curiosity to learn more.
- Commitment to the mission of fighting climate change and environmental justice.
- Organizing/campaign experience, either paid or volunteer.
Gas Leaks is a project of Climate Nexus, a nonprofit strategic communications group dedicated to changing the conversation on climate change and clean energy solutions in the United States. Climate Nexus is a fiscally sponsored project of Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, Inc., an equal opportunity employer.
Climate Nexus is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences to apply, especially people from communities that have been historically underrepresented in the energy, climate, and environmental sectors.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Salary is $55,000 – $65,000, Climate Nexus offers a generous benefits package, including 4 weeks paid vacation and Summer Fridays starting at 2pm, unlimited sick leave; standard health, dental, and vision packages; generous employer contributions to 401k retirement account (up to 9% match); parental leave.
LOCATION: Remote. The Executive Director and a majority of staff are on the west coast, so a majority of working hours should be coordinated to this time range.