Full-Time Administrative Assistant
WHO IS BUILD IT GREEN?
Build It Green (BIG) connects changemakers to transform the housing system in service of human and ecological vitality. We prioritize cross-sector collaboration to reimagine the way homes and neighborhoods are built, so we can advance equity, affordable housing, and ecological well-being. Learn more at: builditgreen.org
The Administrative Assistant provides administrative and program support for Build It Green. This individual is responsible for administrative support including general office reception, education and membership support, and management of other Build It Green-related administrative duties as requested. This role also provides administrative support to staff, primarily the Executive Director.
- Office reception
- Managing online and mail correspondence.
- Routing and addressing phone and online queries regarding Build It Green’s programs, courses, and other activities.
- As Build It Green returns to the office from working remotely, managing Build It Green’s front desk, receiving visitors, and attending to the safety and security of the office.
- Education & membership support
- Electronic and physical file management.
- Managing logistics for events and courses.
- Data entry and data management including entering information into a database with accuracy, timeliness, and completeness.
- Support memberships and training needs, application reviews, and fundraising efforts.
- Other Administrative duties
- Scheduling appointments, meetings, and events. Virtual and in-person.
- Handling travel arrangements.
- Assisting with finance and human resource needs.
- Coordinating and facilitating periodic team meetings.
- Assisting the Executive Director and other staff in coordinating all-staff events, office safety initiatives and team-building activities. Manage budgets for these activities.
- Creating or supporting presentations as needed.
- Providing writing and editing support.
- Providing support for Build It Green’s communications efforts potentially including website and social media maintenance.
- Supporting the Executive Director in managing the Build It Green Board of Directors including: maintaining the Board calendar, helping to compile and distribute materials for Board and committee meetings, taking minutes at Board meetings, and supporting the planning of events for the Board.
The successful Administrative Assistant will:
- Quickly become proficient in Build It Green’s programs and services.
- Be attentive, thoughtful, ethical, friendly, and courteous.
- Take initiative, learn quickly, and act independently to address multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and communicate with staff and management as needed.
- Proven office organizational skills to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt to projects/assignments and work with flexibility.
- Respond effectively to changing situations and sensitive communications.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to listen effectively, select and use communication methods appropriate to different audiences, and to present ideas and information effectively in writing and presentations (including to executive leadership and Board members).
- Work effectively as a part of a team.
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google equivalents.
- Interest in some combination of environmental sustainability, social equity, green building design and construction, energy optimization, urban planning, and/or community development.
- Experience using online web-based management systems such as Salesforce, Smartsheet, and the use of Zoom and/or other online meeting platforms.
Preferred but optional qualifications:
- Minimum 2-year experience in a relevant office administration role.
- College degree (Associate’s or Bachelor’s) or equivalent relevant experience.
- Experience with or strong interest in content writing for social media, marketing and communications, and/or copy editing.
Our office is located in the heart of downtown Oakland at 300 Frank Ogawa Plaza, close to BART and AC Transit lines.
Due to COVID-19, we are currently working from home. We expect to return to the office, at least part-time, on a regular basis in April/May 2022, and we are in the process of determining a hybrid work from home/work from the office plan.
Compensation: $55,000 – $60,000 annually plus a generous benefits package, including:
- Medical, dental vision, and life insurance, flexible savings account
- 403(b) retirement plan with employer match
- 15 paid holidays, accrued paid time off and 40 hours of paid medical leave
- a worthy cause to work on every day
We believe that diversity on staff is necessary to meet our mission. Build It Green is an equal opportunity employer, committed to centering equity and inclusion in our programs and across all aspects of our organization to make it a fair, safe and inclusive workplace. We believe that diversity is necessary to meet our mission. Recruiting and supporting staff to create an inclusive and equitable organization that reflects the communities and places we serve is a priority. People of color, LGBTQIA+ people, women, and members of other underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to ApplyPlease click here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405