Full-Time Account Executive – Public Sector
Hi, we’re Rheaply 👋
Over the past year, the world has cultivated a new sense of appreciation for everyday stuff. With global supply chains collapsing and operating budgets shrinking across the board, we have seen the demand for goods and services skyrocket. The obvious solution to being more resourceful and cost-conscious has been to increase the value of everything already around us. At Rheaply, we’re helping organizations do that by developing better inventory management and resource sharing tools. Although rewarding, this problem is not ours alone to solve, which is why we need extraordinary talented people like you to join our team. While we’re also excited to one day meet in person (and hopefully soon!), we are ready to conduct our entire interviewing and onboarding process remotely.
Founded in 2016, Rheaply, Inc. is a Chicago-based technology company focused on solutions for making organizations more efficient, sustainable, and connected. Rheaply has developed and launched the only exchange technology for professionals and organizations to share their ideas and surplus resources with colleagues to reduce time, costs, as well as environmental waste. On Rheaply’s Asset Exchange Manager (AxM), users from all departments can access resources and expertise from colleagues in the same organization or beyond. Recently, Rheaply has been featured in The New York Times, Nature, VERGE, and Greenbiz, chosen as a 10 Big Idea in Innovation by Chicago Magazine, a Circular Economy Solver by MIT SOLVE, and received the 2019 & 2020 Sustainable Procurement Leadership (SPLC) Award for Circular Economy Leadership among other notable awards and recognitions.
As we continue to expand our business, we are seeking an Account Executive – Public Sector to join our growing Revenue team.
About the Role
Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, and especially from our clients. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
As an Account Executive you’ll join our Government sales team, working with State, Local select Federal government agencies in their effort to reduce environmental impact, increase compliance, and generate additional cost savings through spend avoidance and waste diversion. You’ll prospect and develop relationships across numerous governmental organizations responsible for Procurement, Property Management, Sustainability, Economic Development, and Environmental Protection. The breadth of government organizations that could benefit from Rheaply is broad, and you’ll be focused on finding the best insertion points for our technology across State,Municipal, Federal government entities.
You’ll manage the whole sales process from initial contact to close, serving as the deal captain to ensure Rheaply is expertly pursuing and responding to opportunities in the SLED and Federal market.
What You’ll do
- Lead detailed account strategy in generating and developing opportunities across numerous government institutions
- Build and deepen executive relationships across many governmental agencies to help influence their long-term technology, inventory management, and sustainability initiatives
- Source new sales opportunities through outbound calls and emails, attending events, and converting inbound leads and user registrations into opportunities
- Identify best sales and contracting opportunities, then actively contribute to and lead team response in proposal generation
- Manage a sales cycle that can be complex and long (our sales cycle can take up to approximately 9-18 months from initial contact to close)
- Deliver engaging presentations with executive level decision makers
- Negotiate price and contractual terms with all new customers, and identify who needs to be involved in approving the purchase
- Serve as the driving force that keeps potential deals moving through the procurement process smoothly, while continuing to provide a delightful and supportive experience for our customers
- Facilitate a seamless hand-off to our Customer Success and Program Management teams after contract signing
- Track and report progress on daily, weekly, and monthly goals
What You’ll Need
- 3+ years of proven B2G sales experience including cold outreach, setting appointments, progressing and closing new business for an enterprise software company
- Knowledge of state, local and/or Federal government procurement methods, budget cycles, and contracting best practices
- Demonstrated success writing and responding to government RFPs
- Enthusiasm for representing Rheaply in the SLED and Federal market on panels, at conferences and other events
- Track record of over-achieving quota in past roles
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- “Hunter” mentality – this is a fast growth environment with ample selling opportunity
- An entrepreneurial spirit – the idea of being an active participant in a growing company must excite you
- Must be tech savvy and able to navigate a CRM
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
What We’d Like to See from You
- Experience closing business with multiple government contracting vehicles
- You are a scrappy, motivated team player, comfortable working at a high-growth company still defining certain sales processes and will actively contribute to filling in gaps and building out processes as needed
- You bring existing relationships across local government that you can leverage to build your sales pipeline and accelerate deals
- You ask the right questions to uncover customer requirements and clearly articulate how Rheaply’s software will address them
- You partner well across the Rheaply organization, regularly interfacing with Product, Engineering, Solutions Engineering and Marketing to maintain alignment and refine go to market strategy
- It is beneficial, but not required, to have experience working with GovTech accelerators or value-added resellers
You will be a cultural fit if you are
- Comfortable in the fast-paced, dynamic environment of Rheaply – hallmarks of a scaling startup
- Curious, research focused, ready to learn, and someone who over communicates.
- A builder who is able to pivot to the needs of a growing business and culture.
- Living Rheaply’s Core Values. (see below)
At Rheaply, we envision a world where all assets and resources are highly visible, searchable, and reusable. Oh, and we love what we do, like, really love what we do. So, join us today to help us achieve our mission!
Rheaply’s Core Values
At Rheaply, we thrive to provide the most seamless experience for our AxM users, enabling our client organizations to achieve full utilization of their assets, thereby reducing costs and waste by keeping valuable resources in circulation. As a team, we pledge to execute our work in accordance with our seven Core Values.
- We Listen To and Delight Our Users — Our users are our most important stakeholders. We strive to provide the most seamless user experience and value to our users across client organizations. We do our best to have empathy for their problems and challenges. We listen to users’ feedback and provide timely responses to questions and needs.
- We Encourage Individual Team Member Growth, Innovation, And Happiness — Our people are our most valuable assets. Rheaply’s success is dependent upon the collective drive, intelligence, curiosities and contributions of all of our team members. We care for the wellbeing of each team member and ensure that they have the support and mentorship they need to succeed at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Value Transparency, Humility, and Open Communication — The key determinant to our successful market execution is our ability to communicate and share successes, learnings, insights, struggles, and solutions across our teams. At Rheaply, we strive to cultivate a culture of intelligence with humility. We care about hearing each member’s voice and understanding his or her unique perspective.
- We Care About Our Communities And The Environment — Rheaply is driven by the mission to reduce our environmental footprint and accelerate our transition to a circular economy. We strive to live by our mission of promoting environmental awareness and waste reduction in our decisions and actions at Rheaply and beyond.
- We Promote A Collaborative Culture of Learning and Problem-Solving — Rheaply is committed to finding straightforward solutions to complex problems. We are constantly learning from each other, from our clients, and from our competitors. We strive to understand problems at the microscopic level and become industry experts in building, deploying, and iterating sustainable, circular solutions.
- We Are Tenacious and We Own Our Work — At Rheaply, we are dedicated to enabling the transition to a more circular world. We are relentless about our mission and vision. We hold ourselves accountable for our words and actions, both internally and in the market.
- We Strive To Be Helpful — We view all the work we do at Rheaply as daily, non-stop efforts to help and support each other, our clients, our users, our partners, and our shared environment.
Rheaply, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of our activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, interns, volunteers, subcontractors.
How to ApplyPlease click here to apply online.
Apply for this Job
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /nfs/c03/h03/mnt/55772/domains/greenjobs.greenjobsearch.org/html/wp-includes/class-wp-comment-query.php on line 405